Chapter 3

By the time our free period rolled around I decided Lizzy was a good tour guide. Better than Derek at least. We had a few more classes with each other and I realized we have a lot in common.

"Do you want to hang outside with me and a couple of friends until next period?" Lizzy asked as we walked out of chemistry.

"Not today I was hoping to go to the library and check out a book for my history assignment." She looked disappointed but nodded anyways as we went our separate ways.

One place I remembered how to get to was the library. I was most likely going to be spending a lot of time in there. It was nice and quiet in here, and I enjoyed the silence. I made my way to a book shelf close by to look for something that would help with my assignment. The teacher told us to write about a famous historian, I didn't know where to even begin my search.

As I was scanning through the rolls of books I noticed someone on the other side watching me. I frowned and pulled a book down to look through the hole. I didn't see anyone. I walked around the shelves to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me. When I rounded the corner, no one was there. Strange, I was sure someone was watching me.

I shrugged before grabbing a few books and going to find a seat.

I was reading pages on things that could help me when someone slammed their book down on my table. I jumped and looked up.

There was a guy standing there around my age with bright orange hair glaring down at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"You're in my spot." He said harshly.

"There was no name here when I sat down." He looked angrier. The hell is his problem? It's just a seat.

"But this is where I sit. Why are you even in the library? Shouldn't you be downstairs with the other stuck up witches." He snapped. My eyes widened. What did he just say to me?

I waved my hands around my books and glared at him. "Clearly I'm here to read moron, like the other people in here, and don't talk about me like you know who I am."

"I don't need to know who you are to know you're just like the rest of the girls here."

"I'm not moving, so unless you have something important to say can you leave? Cause you're blocking my light and I no longer want to look at your face." I said calmly. He looked shocked. To my surprise he pulled out the chair across from me and sat down seconds later. I ignored him as I tried to work on my research before the bell ring.

"You're not going to find anything to help you in those books." I looked up as he spoke. "That paper is for history, right? We have the same assignment."

"Yeah...." I said slowly. Not too long ago he was yelling at me to move and now he wants to help me? He pushed a book he had over to me.

"You'll find better answers in there." I reached over opening the book.

"Are you bipolar?" I couldn't help but ask. He laughed.

"No, I'm sorry about my rudeness by the way, just wasn't expecting you to be here." That much was obvious. I nodded accepting his apology.

For the next few minutes we worked in silence until the bell rang. I left not bothering to say anything to the bipolar guy.

**

Three classes and ten sheets of homework later I was finally released to go home. As I was walking to Jakes car I saw Blake leaning against it. Jake texted me earlier saying he was catching a ride with a couple of friends he made and asked if I could take his car home. Lucky for him I had a license.

"Can I help you?" I asked him as I approached.

"No." He said.

"Then why are you here?" I asked once I realized he wasn't going to say anything else.

"Because I want to be." I rolled my eyes moving past him to get in the car.

"Did you enjoy your first day?" He asked before I was fully in. I blinked at him.

"Yeah I guess." Not mentioning the drama that came whenever he was around.

"That's good." He said before walking away. What a weirdo. Surely he had better things to do than stalk me.

I drove home and parked the car in the driveway.

When I walked through the front door I heard voices in the kitchen. I headed towards that way hoping to find a snack or something. My mom was moving about the kitchen cooking while Ben sat there reading a magazine.

"Hey guys." I said peeping my head in, no snacks. "You need help with anything?" I asked my mom hoping she'd say no. She usually liked cooking on her own, but sometimes she'd force me to help.

"No honey you just go upstairs and relax." She said. I felt relieved before darting up the steps to get started on my homework.