Chapter 41

"Are you sure?" I asked Jacob. We were all currently sat in the alpha's office. As we were discussing where Derek could possibly be Jacob barged in with upsetting news.

"Yes, you guys have checked his usual spots and couldn't find him, right? It's very obvious what's happened here." He said.

"Wait hold on, who is the council?" James asked, I sighed. Why couldn't Jacob text me this? I don't think the alpha would be as friendly with us if he found out I'm the reason his son has been kidnapped.

"People that want Ashley. I guess they grabbed the most unprotected person they saw first." Jacob said.

"See father we don't need them! It's her fault that he's missing." Blake snarled. He was so cranky these days. Period maybe?

"I hate to agree with my son here, but he's right. My boy is missing because of her, why should we help?" James asked.

"For one, you guys can't get him back without her. So, if you refuse to help her then she refuses to help you. We could easily just disappear and let them keep Derek." Dylan shrugged, I frowned at him. I hope he's just bluffing, I'd never leave Derek knowing he's in trouble because of me. The guilt would eat me alive.

"Point proven, we'll help." James said nodding at Dylan.

"What? You're going to work with these monsters?" Blake asked. Monsters? He's the one that sent 25 wolves to kill two people! and we're the monsters? As if.

"Blake, go for a run," James said not even looking over at his son. Blake glared at everyone in the room before leaving, slamming the door behind him. "Sorry about my son."

"What's wrong with him?" I asked before I could stop myself. I didn't want him to think that I thought his son was crazy.

James sighed, rubbing his hands down his face. "Since he rejected his mate and mated with someone that he doesn't really like, it has driven his wolf mad. So, Blake fights for control over him daily."

"Wow." I felt a pang of guilt hit me. It's my fault he's like this.

"Don't do that." I looked over to see Dylan staring intently at me.

"Do what?"

"Blame yourself, he rejected you. He let his jealousy control him and for that he's dealing with the consequences. It's not your fault and never will be." He told me seriously. I reached out and wrapped my arms around him. He knows exactly what to say to make me feel better.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you too." He kissed the top of my head. I heard someone gag and I looked behind me to see Jacob fake gagging. I rolled my eyes.

"Real mature Jacob." I said, pulling out of Dylan's embrace.

"When did this turn into a romance movie?" He asked.

"When your mom was bent-"Dylan started.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." I cut him off glaring. He smirked at me.

"As you wish."

"God you guys are so cute it's gross." Jacob disappeared out of the room.

I heard someone clear their throat and jumped. I forgot James was here.

"I guess this meeting is over." He said. I nodded, Dylan and I started making our way towards the door.

****

"How are we supposed to find them?" I asked Dylan as we lay on my bed. I had my head on his chest and was making patterns on his hand.

"I don't know, maybe we wait for them to find us. Give them a signal or something." He said, twisting my hair around his finger.

"Should I walk around naked?" He growled at me and I giggled. "How do you think they found Derek? Maybe they'll try to swap with us soon."

"When is the last time you seen Derek?" Dylan asked me.

I frowned and cringed. "I honestly can't remember I've been dealing with so much these last few days."

"You guys barely hung out before, so of course you wouldn't keep up with his whereabouts. But you're also close enough to him to care about him, he was the perfect target."

"Do you think he's ok?" I asked softly.

"Yeah, the pack would know if he- if something happened to him." He said, changing his words. I was glad he didn't say it.

"Do you think they would tell me though? Both alphas don't like me very much."

"I'm sure Lizzy would tell you. Now enough talk lets watch a movie, unless you want to do something else." He said winking at me. I slapped his chest.

"I want to watch a scary movie."

"Why? So, you can hide behind me the whole time?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, how'd you know?"

"I know everything." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Go make popcorn." I pushed him towards the end of the bed. He chuckled before getting off the bed.

"Make sure you pick a good movie."

"Make sure you don't burn the popcorn." I said narrowing my eyes at him. He held his hands up in a surrender gesture.

"That was one time."

"I can still taste the burntness." I fake gagged. He chuckled before leaving the room. I got up to look over my movie options. As I was looking I heard footsteps behind me.

"That was fast, I hope you didn't under cook it." I commented without turning around. When I didn't receive a response, I looked behind me. I felt a scream build up in my throat, the person in front of me shot forward covering my mouth.

"Ashley parker, you've been summoned by the council." Was the last thing I heard before I passed out. With one thought in my head. Was asking for popcorn the signal?