Chapter 30

I sighed as I sat in math class. Ms. Cram was currently grading last night's homework and I was super nervous. I looked over at Lizzy to see her texting away on her phone. At least one of us is confident about their grade. Finally, the teacher cleared her throat to get the class attention as she started passing out the paper. I wouldn't make eye contact as she laid my paper face down on my desk. I flipped it over and gave a quiet whoop. B+ yes!

"Some of you have really improved over the last week, and I'd like to think I had something to do with that." She said. As if she did anything to help us. Lizzy shot me a look and I giggled.

Once class ended I made my way to lunch as Lizzy stopped to go to the restroom. Pushing the doors open I inhaled the fresh smell of pizza. I don't know why people complain about lunch food, some of it is better than what my mom cooks.

I made my way to the lunch line and saw Jacob halfway up front. Quickly grabbing a lunch tray, I ran forward and jumped in front of him.

"Excuse you?" Jacob said. I looked back and smiled innocently at him.

"Oh my gosh Jacob I didn't see you there!" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"So, you're telling me you just randomly jump in front of strangers all the time?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Stop complaining not like you actually eat the lunch food." I reached out to grab a cheeseburger.

"Can't deny that." He shrugged. I paid for my food and started walking to my table.

"Are we practicing today?" He asked catching up to me.

"If you have time." I told him.

"Yeah, I'm free, meet me in the woods later same spot." I nodded as he walked to his table. I looked over at his table and saw Blake staring at me, not knowing what to do I just gave him a small wave before going to my table.

---

I groaned as I got in Dylan's car. Why must school last so long???

"You ok?" He asked. I looked over at him, and my heart raced. I think kissing him awoke something in me. I'm more attracted to him now than I ever been.

"Yeah, just tired of school." I said buckling my seatbelt. He started the car up pulling out of the lot. "Jacob decided we're going to practice again today in the same spot."

"Are you sure you're up for it? Don't want to rest first?"

"It's not for another hour anyways I'm pretty sure he has homework." If he even does it. I don't know why he even goes to school. "Are you coming over?" I asked.

"Yeah if that's ok, I got an interesting text from Jake the other night threatening to cut my balls off if I did anything to hurt you." Dylan chuckled. My eyes widened.

"He said that?"

"Yeah, it's fine though that's the same thing I would've done if it was Amanda." He shrugged. Smh brothers, can't live with them can't live without them.

We pulled up to my house and I got out as he parked. Unlocking the door, I didn't hear anyone and assumed everyone was out. I made my way to the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Dylan.

"No." I shrugged as I dug in the refrigerator for things to make a sandwich. Taking out the bologna and mustard I sat down at the table.

"You're coming to practice with me, right?" I asked biting into my sandwich.

"If you promise to not try killing me, again." He said. I giggled as he said this.

"I promise!" I grinned. I finished off my sandwich and made my way upstairs. I opened my door and looked at my bed.

"Honey I'm home!" I yelled before flopping on it face first, Ahhh. Dylan laughed at my theatrics. I ignored him as I snuggled into my bed getting under the covers. I looked up to see Dylan just standing there. I moved over and patted the space next me. He grinned as he kicked off his shoes making his way over, before climbing in the bed.

"Is this what you do when your parents aren't home? Invite guys into your bed?" He asked giving me a disapproving look.

"You can always sit on the floor if there's a problem," I told him yawning. "Stay on that side of the bed."

"You weren't saying that the other night." He told me smirking. I blushed.

"Well it's a new day and I'm a new person, so stay over there." I told him closing my eyes.

"Fine." I heard him say. I didn't bother replying as I slowly started falling asleep. I loved after school naps.

**

I heard something ringing and tried my best to ignore it. When the ringing didn't top after several seconds, I pried one eye open. Getting a more sense of my surroundings I realized someone was under me. Looking up I saw it was indeed Dylan, and he was staring at me. I blushed mad hard before getting off of him.

"Didn't I tell you to stay on your side?" I glared at him.

"In case you haven't noticed, this is my side." I blushed harder realizing he was right. Before I could respond though the ringing started up again. I looked over at my side table seeing it was my phone. Reaching over I grabbed it seeing it was Lizzy.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey! What are you doing?" She asked.

"Nothing just waking up from a nap." I looked over at my clock and realized we have to meet Jacob in ten minutes.

"Oh, that's so boring, guess who asked me to prom!" She said excitingly. I sighed; I didn't care much for prom. I seen the flyers all over school and heard how every girl was talking about it. It was next week and honestly, I could care less. I was just planning to stay home and watch Netflix that night.

"Who?" I asked.

"Jacob!" I froze.

"What? Jacob who?"

"Your friend Jacob, well not your friend but yeah. He asked me after lunch today." She said.

"You like Jacob? I had no idea." I told her.

"Are you crazy? I wouldn't say I like him, but he is the hottest guy in school right now. It would've been social suicide to say no." She said in a duh tone. I laughed.

"Well good luck with that."

"You're not mad, are you?" She suddenly sounded worried. I frowned.

"No, why would I be mad?" I asked.

"I don't know, cause he's your friend and all I didn't want it to be awkward." I laughed again.

"Of course it isn't! Jacob is barely my friend I don't care what he does." I looked up as Dylan got out of the bed making his way to the bathroom.

"Ok that's good, so who are you taking? Let me guess, Dylan? I swear he's attached to you where ever you go." I smiled at that because it was true. Even now he's here with me.

"No, I wasn't planning on going." I told her honestly. I heard her gasp on the other end and braced myself for her rant.

"What do you mean you're not going!? There's no way that's happening, you're going and that's final." I sighed not bothering to argue with her, there's no way I'd win.

"I don't even have a dress Lizzy." I told her lamely. It was an excuse and we both knew it.

"Not a problem! We'll go looking for one this weekend." She told me.

"Well ok I'll see you then, but I have to go right now." I said looking at the clock. Dylan was putting his shoes on.

"KK bye!" I hung up.

"You weren't planning to go to prom?" Dylan asked me.

"No."

"Why not?"

"I just don't see the point and I kind of don't have a date." I told him. He nodded and we both made our way to the door to go meet Jacob.