Chapter 46

Chapter is very short that's cause it's coming to an end.

I buried my face into Jacobs shoulder as I sobbed. He wrapped an arm around me and raised the umbrella higher. It was our turn to pay our respects next and I didn't think I could do it. I felt like this was my entire fault. If it wasn't for me he would have never been there.

"Come on Ashley its time, he'd want you to do this." Jacob smiled encouragingly at me. I don't know what beef Penelope ever had with Jacob, but I knew he would never betray me. Like I said it was all lies, and now the bitch was dead. I made sure of it when I burned her alive and put roots through every part of her body ripping her apart. I had to stay in the hospital for two days after that. Because I had used way too much power that day. My wings even decided to show themselves.

I nodded my head and followed him up to the casket. I felt the tears build up again as I placed my flowers on top of it.

"Would you like to say some words about him?" The priest asked me. I knew I should say something. After all I was the last person to see him alive. Let everyone know it'll be ok, but I couldn't. It'd hurt too much. I shook my head no and the priest smiled sadly at me. "I understand." Jacob led me back to my seat. I sat with my head buried in his chest for the rest of the funeral.

***

I lay on the bed with my face buried into the pillow. I heard my bedroom door open but didn't bother to look up.

"You need to eat." I felt my bed dip as he sat on my bed. I moved my face from the pillow and into his lap. He ran his fingers through my hair.

"This is all my fault." I cried silently. He frowned.

"It's not, and I want you to stop blaming yourself." He told me sternly. I looked up at him through teary eyes. There was a scar on the side of his neck, were the spear had pierced him. It started healing the moment Penelope started burning. Thanks to his angel side he healed faster than normal. Had he been a regular werecat it would've killed him, or if I didn't reach him in time.

"I love you." I said to him. Realizing how easy it is to lose someone. We should cherish every moment we have with the living. I'm more than thankful that it wasn't Dylan being buried. But still sad that I lost a friend. Dylan couldn't make it to the funeral because he was house shopping with my parents. My archangel parent that is, they decided instead of going back to heaven they would live on earth with me and help me get more in tune with my angel. Which also meant I wouldn't be seeing much of Jacob anymore.

Right after Derek felt his mate die his wolf went crazy and started attacking everyone, including his own pack. Blake had to put him down. The werewolves haven't spoken to us since. It was clear we were no longer allies or even friends. Even Lizzy stopped talking to me. I was sad to have lost her, but I understood. We killed her brother mate and, in the end, killed him.

"I love you too." He placed a small kiss on my lips. There was something I needed to tell Dylan. Something I've known for months now but never knew how to bring it up. One of the reasons I knew I had to get out of Penelope's dungeons. Now felt like the right time.

"Dylan...I'm pregnant." His eyes widened before he attacked my face with kisses. I smiled.

THE END Big shoutout to all my readers! We had  a nice run with this story (: