Chapter 15

The rest of the party was uneventful after Jacob left, dropping that bomb on me. I played a few drinking games with Lizzy and her friends until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, that's when I decided to walk home. I wasn't scared about walking home at night, once you discover you're part of the supernatural not much scares you anymore. Once I got home I changed into my pajamas and brushed my teeth before hoping in bed. I spent most of my time laying there thinking. Why was I cursed to have two mates? Why not just one? How will I ever know who the right one is to choose? And on top of that I might be in possible danger, why else would Jacob suddenly appear? I sighed and closed my eyes, I wasn't going to get these answers tonight.

***

Beep beep bee- I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock annoyed with it, before snuggling back under my covers. Ahh

"Ashley Parker if you don't get up and get ready for school this instant!" I heard my mom yell from the steps. GRRR

I had the worse hangover from last night and the last thing I wanted to do was go to school. I got up out of bed and walked over to my closet, grabbing a pair of blue skinny jeans and a purple crop top before going in the bathroom to shower. I took a comb through my hair before putting it in a ponytail. On my way downstairs, I spotted Jessica dressed like the slut she is. She shoved pass me on the steps.

"Watch where you're going loser." She told me. I decided to just not respond. Heading down the steps I saw my mom and Jake eating. I was still upset about being adopted but Dylan was right, they still loved me. I searched around the cabinets until I found a bottle of aspirin, I filled a glass up with water quickly taking the pill.

"Mom can I talk to you later about something?" I asked nervously as I placed my glass in the sink.

"Sure honey." She smiled at me.

"Guys I'm going to walk to school today." I told them grabbing my backpack off the floor as I made my way to the door.

"Ok Hun be careful!" My mom called out as I left the house. As I was walking my thoughts drifted to angels. What exactly can angels do? I know they're powerful but that's about it. I thought back to a movie I saw once were the girl made a fireball appear in her hand. I should try something like that. With that thought in mind I tried to conjure up a fire ball. I held out my palm face up and thought of fire. After ten seconds of just starring at my hand with nothing happening I decided to just stop.

"What are you finding so fascinating about your hand?" I jumped hearing an amused voice behind me.

"I was just trying something." I responded to Jacob. Cheeks flaming. I didn't even hear him walk up.

He chuckled "Let me guess, trying to make a fire ball?" I shrugged knowing he was right but not wanting to admit it. What was he doing out here anyways? He probably waited till I left the house, so he could follow me. He was seeming more like a creep than a protector.

"Don't be embarrassed, you actually can conjure up one. Let me show you." He grabbed my hand running his fingers along my palm. His hands were surprisingly super soft. I wonder what moisturizer he uses.

"Think of the hottest thing you can, not including me of course." He said winking at me. I rolled my eyes but did as he said. After five seconds I felt my hand start to heat up, I stared at it in shock as a small flame appeared in it.

"Oh my gosh! I did it." I said throwing my hands up forgetting about the flame, it landed on Jacob shirt. I laughed as he jumped around patting himself. He glared at me.

"I try to help you, and this is how I get paid? You set me on fire!"

"It was an accident!" I said trying not to laugh again.

"Then stop laughing!" He pouted at me.

"Don't be such a baby!" I continued walking, I heard him running to catch up with me. "What are you even doing here?" I finally asked as he caught up.

"I was in the neighborhood." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh really? Strange how you live nowhere around here." I said raising an eyebrow. I swear I saw his cheeks turn pink a bit. I chuckled.

"Well...." I decided to let it go, already knowing the reason.

"Thanks for teaching me." I said as we continued walking.

"No problem I can teach you more stuff if you'd like." He shrugged.

"There's other things we can do?" I asked shocked. He nodded.

"Of course, we're angels, but I can only teach you what I know how to do. You have more powers than I have, but only another archangel can teach you them." He shrugged. Guess I'll never know those powers then. Five minutes later and we finally arrived at school. Soon as I turned the corner Lizzy spotted me. She ran over her eyes cutting over to Jacob in question.

"Finally, it took you forever to get here!"

"I still have time before the bell ring." I told her.

"Yes, but not enough time to hang with us!" Once again, her eyes went to Jacob. I wonder if he noticed.

"I'm Jacob, Ashley's friend." He said holding his hand out to her. Oh yeah, he noticed. I blushed realizing how formal he is, no one shakes hands anymore.

"I'm Lizzy." She said shaking his hand. Just then the bell rang.

"Whelp I'll see you guys after class." I called making my way to the front doors.