Chapter 40

All that could be heard was growling. I didn't want to fight these wolves, I know they were only following their alpha's orders. I can't believe Blake would do this to us. I turned back to look at him once again and saw him glaring. He's changed so much. I'm glad I made the decision I did. Turning back around I looked at the wolves ready to attack us.

"Blake! Why are you doing this?" Lizzy came running out the house looking distressed. Blake blocked her on the steps before she could go any further, she glared at him.

"Stay out of this Lizzy." He growled at her.

"You're trying to hurt my friends."

"If you help them then you're no longer part of this pack." He said to her. I saw her freeze as she looked over at us. I nodded at her, we can handle this, no need for her to get kicked out the pack. She sighed before turning and running back in the house.

"You brought this on yourself." I told Blake. I looked over at Dylan who was ready to fight. I took a step forward and the wolves started growling even louder if that were possible. "If you want us...then come and get us." That's when all hell broke loose

They charged at us from both sides. I felt my hair lift as I made a gust of wind go towards them. It knocked them several feet back, they looked confused for a minute before charging again. I thought that would be enough of a warning.

Lost in my thoughts I didn't realize that a wolf had snuck up on me, it tackled me to the ground. I groaned as it snapped its mouth at me, spewing saliva all over my face. Using my right hand that wasn't pinned, I summoned a fireball before smacking it to the side of the its head. It let out a howl of agony before jumping off me. I rolled over onto my stomach to push myself up. Before I could breathe a sigh of relief, or even get to my feet properly another wolf was charging towards me.

I shot my hands out ready to defend myself when suddenly the wolf burst into flames. I looked behind it to see Dylan standing there glaring at all the wolves. He looked so hot! My mate was so badass. Shaking myself out of my thoughts I quickly jumped to my feet as the wolves surrounded us again.

"I don't want to kill them, some of these people have families." I told Dylan as we stood back to back.

"They sure don't have a problem with killing you." He growled as a wolf charged him. He threw a fireball at the wolf making him fall back.

"They're under orders Dylan they can't help it." I said.

"Then I can't help what happens to them." He said coldly. I frowned.

Three wolves started towards me, I lifted my hands upwards. My favorite little roots came out embedding themselves into the wolves. It wouldn't kill them but after listening to Dylan I decided they weren't going to stop no matter what. As much as I hated to do it, I needed to protect myself and Dylan. Twisting my hand around I squeezed it into a fist and the wolves ripped apart.

I felt the wind pick up and looking back over my shoulder I saw three tornadoes rip through a pack of five. Facing back around I threw out fireballs left and right hitting anything within my line of sight. Their numbers were going down fast. The ground was covered with dead bodies and I tried my hardest to not look at them. There were at least ten wolves left standing growling at us. Raising my hands, I prepared to take them out when a voice stopped me.

"STOP!" A deep voice rang out across the yard, all the wolves froze. Looking towards the front of the house I saw Blake's dad standing there at the front gate, looking at Dylan and I in awe.

"No! Attack them!" Blake yelled out. The wolves started growling again but didn't look ready to pounce.

"All of you return home now! Before you meet the same faith as the others." His dad commanded. The wolves looked grateful as they quickly ran off.

We heard a growl from the front porch as Blake rushed down the steps. "How dare you stop them!" He shouted as the wolves left.

"Son you lost the battle! Look the fight was long over." He said.

Blake was breathing heavily as he realized his dad was right. We could've easily taken out those wolves just like the rest.

"What are you?" Now he suddenly takes in interest in me? Not long ago he looked over me like I didn't even exist while standing right in front of him.

"That's none of your business." Dylan answered for me. He turned his attention to him.

"My name is James, alpha of this pack." He announced.

"No offense sir, but I honestly don't care who you are, my mate and I are leaving." Dylan said wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Why are you two here?" He called out as we started walking away.

"We just wanted help looking for your son." I looked back over my shoulder at him.

"My son? Derek? Where is he?" James asked.

"We don't know! That's why we came for help." I told him. Dylan stopped walking once he realized I wasn't going to ignore James.

"We will help you look for him." James said. Blake growled at this.

"We don't need their help!"

"Shut up boy! Your brother is missing open your eyes." James growled at him. They had a glaring match. From the corner of my eye I saw Dylan's lip twitch upward. I elbowed him in his side.

"Who are you?" James asked Dylan.

"I'm Dylan alpha of the cat shifters." He stated proudly. I grinned up at my mate.

"Well Dylan you mind stepping into my office, so we can figure this out?" James asked.

Dylan looked over at my smiling face before sighing. "Sure."

The four of us started walking back towards the house. I cringed as I saw all the bodies on the ground. Blake growled for every dead body he walked by.

------
Check out my other story "Death Saved Me" please and remember to vote!