Chapter 13

After Jacob dropped me off I decided to just chill in my room since no one was home. I went to the kitchen grabbed me a plate of cheese squares then made my way upstairs. I just made it outside my room door when I heard shuffling inside. I was certain that no one was home. I slowly twisted the door open and cautiously stepped in.

"Ashley!" I jumped back surprised to see Jake sitting on my bed.

"What are you doing in here? And where is everyone?" I asked him.

"They're at your welcome home party, which you're missing." He told me crossing his arms. I had completely forgotten about the party while I was with Jacob. Who could remember something as simple as a party when you're being told you're an archangel.

"What are you doing in my room?"

"Mom and dad sent me over to pick you up, seeing as how you didn't show up. But when I got here you weren't here, or answered any of my calls, so I waited in your room till now." He scooted over so that I could sit next to him. Now that he mentioned it I do remember hearing my phone ring.

"Is the party still going?" I asked curiously.

"I guess so, I don't think they're planning to stop until you show up. At least Lizzy won't anyways." He chuckled.

"Can I ask you a question Jake?" thinking back to the conversation with Jacob earlier I wanted to confirm one thing, to be certain he story was true.

"Sure, what's up?"

"Am I adopted?" I watched his reaction carefully. He sucked in a breath and looked away. That's when I knew it was true. I jumped up from the bed staring at him. "Am I?" I practically screamed.

"Maybe we should wait till mom and dad get here."

"No! I'm asking you now Jake, the least you can do is tell me the truth for once." I know that was a low blow, but I didn't care.

He said, "Yes."

I stared at him then started pacing around my room. So not only does my family lie to me about the whole werewolf thing, but they also hide the fact that I was adopted. Now it all makes sense. Them being shocked that I shifted, because they really didn't know if I was a werewolf or not.

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" I finally asked him.

"Mom was going to tell you soon, but she's afraid on what you'll decide to do." Jake said watching me.

"What do you mean what I decide to do?"

"You're eighteen, you're legal now and can be your own guardian."

I thought about what he said. He means I can move out and go out on my own. Even though everyone lied to me doesn't mean I want to leave them. They're still my family plus I have secrets too.

"Oh."

"I just got a text from Brody, he says the party is still going. They're waiting for you if you still want to go."

I thought about it. I could either go to the party and clear my mind, or I can sit here and drive myself insane with all these questions trying to figure things out.

"Ok let's go." I was still in my party clothes from earlier, a simple red dress.

"You look nice by the way." Jake complimented me as we made our way downstairs. I ignored him, he was just trying to get on my good side. Well you're going to have to try harder than that buddy.

Twelve minutes later we pulled up at the pack house, once again I was here, maybe this time I'll actually go inside. There weren't many decorations outside besides the balloons and welcome back banner. I don't know why Lizzy felt the need to have this when I was only in the hospital for two days. I'm surprised her dad even let her host the party here, considering when I first met him how he completely disregarded me. Jake and I got out of the car and made our way up to the house. Jake went in first while I followed behind him, when out of nowhere I heard.

"SEXY ASHLEY HAS ARRIVED!!!" I cringed knowing it was Lizzy. I was hoping to just enter the party unnoticed and find her later, so much for that idea.

ss=z