Chapter 26

"I hate Ms. Cram." I ranted to Lizzy as we left math class. The evil woman gave us five pages of math homework, and it was due tomorrow. "I'm going to be up all night doing this!" I sighed in frustration.

Lizzy giggled. "We can do it together if you want. I'm pretty good at math." She said smugly. What a show off.

"You'd do that for little old me?" I batted my eyelashes at her. She rolled her eyes as we walked in the cafeteria.  It always amazes me how wild the students were during lunch time. Some were dancing on tables, while a group of boys were shooting dice. Isn't that illegal? Lizzy had convinced me to start eating lunch in the cafeteria, I was starting to regret my decision.

"Only because I don't want a dumb failing friend." She said. I grinned at her, as we made our way to the back of the food line.

"You're so considerate." I reached for the last slice of pizza. So, you can imagine my surprise when another hand snatched it before I could. "Hey!" I turned around to glare at the culprit.

Jacob stood there with a smirk on his face. As much as I liked him being my guardian I did not like him being my classmate. Its like being around teenagers turned him into one. His personality was so different at school compared to training.

"What?" He asked, placing my slice of pizza on his tray.

"That's my piece!"

"I don't see your name on it." He smiled smugly.

"You're about to see my name up your ass after I insert my foot there." Maybe I was a bit immature as well but hey he started it.

He chuckled. "When did you become so hostile?"

"Right after a jerk stole my food." I reached on his tray and grabbed my pizza.

"Taking food from the hungry, you have no shame." He frowned at me.

I ignored him as I pushed by to pay for my lunch. Lizzy giggled at us.

"Don't come near our table." I warned him as he started following us.

"Relax grumpy pants my table is this way." I rolled my eyes. The kids here welcomed Jacob with open arms. A chill new hot guy? the popular kids couldn't wait to get their hands on him, especially the girls. He had his own little fan club already.

I stopped at my table setting my tray down. Or should I say Lizzy's table. It was mostly her friends while she just invited me.

"You know Jacob Morris?" One of the girls asked me as I sat down. I tried to figure out who she was but couldn't put a name to her face.

"Yeah." I answered. Her eyes lit up.

"You should invite him to sit with us."

"Not going to happen." I said quickly.

"Why not? He's the hottest guy in school." She said.

"Him and Ashley don't get along." Lizzy answered. That's not really true but I guess that will stop the questions. The girl looked disappointed but didn't ask any more questions after that. I heard laughing coming from a few tables in front of us and looked up. Jacob was sitting at the table with Zoey and her friends. To my shock Blake was there too. I hadn't seen him all morning. He sat next to Zoey while Jacob sat next to some red head I didn't know. Since when were they friends? Last time they were around each other Jacob almost killed him. Is that how you start friendships with people now?

I ignored them and went back to eating my lunch. Who Jacob hung out with was none of my business. I'm surprised Zoey is even around him after the way he treated her.

Couple minutes before the bell rang Jacob walked pass my table and left me a note. Everyone at the table saw, he didn't even try to hide it. I unfolded it just to see it was blank. He was just trying to cause a scene! Like I said high school changed him.

"What's that?" The same girl from earlier asked. God she's so nosy and annoying.

"If it was meant for you to know then he would've gave it to you and not me." I stated calmly. She looked shocked at my outburst and didn't say anything after that. Lizzy jabbed her elbow in my side giving me a pointed look. What? Not my fault she's all in my business. I got up from the table not wanting to deal with the stares anymore. I wasn't going to apologize to her for stating facts.

As I was walking down the hall my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out to see a new text from Dylan. I smiled.

1 New text message
From: Dylan

Hey, were you late for class? ;)

I rolled my eyes.

To: Dylan

No, were you?

I continued making my way to my lockers as I waited for Dylan to reply. Seconds later my phone vibrated.

1 New text message
From: Dylan

Sadly yes. That's going to leave a mark on my perfect attendance.

I giggled knowing he was lying about having a perfect attendance. As much as he tried to hang around me in the morning before class, I knew he didn't care about attendance.

To: Dylan

I almost feel sorry for you. Almost.

His reply came in seconds.

1 New text message
From: Dylan

Almost? Well you Almost had a ride from school. Not after that comment.

To: Dylan

I'm sorry please forgive me ):

Just then the bell decided to ring I hurried finishing getting my books before rushing to class.

I walked in biology class going to my seat in the back. I stopped halfway realizing someone was in my partners seat, that wasn't my partner.

"What the hell are you doing in my partners seat?" I hissed to Jacob. He causally leaned back looking at me.

"Your partner is out today." He said.

"Couldn't you have found somewhere else to sit?"

"But this was the only spot open." I laid my forehead on the table. Two seconds away from banging it over and over. It's not that I didn't like Jacob, I just didn't like having someone follow me around a lot, unless it was Dylan. Sure, he's teaching me how to use my powers, and protecting me blah blah blah, but I still liked having my freedom. It was like having a parent watching you sometimes.

"Are we practicing today?" I asked.

"If you want."

"Yes, I want too." He nodded. Just then the teacher gave us our assignments. We were dissecting frogs today. I almost brafed. Where did they even get the frogs from? I hope they didn't kill them just for this. As the teacher went around passing the frogs out Jacob tapped me on the shoulder. I looked over at him.

"Are you alright? You look a little green." He said.

"I've never cut opened an animal before." Sure, it was already dead, but that didn't change the fact I would be digging around in its insides.

"It's not a surprise you're having this kind of reaction." He said. The teacher stopped at our table to hand us our frog and I slide it over to Jacob. "It's in our nature not to want to bring harm to god's creations."

"Why don't you look effected then?"

"I've had more time to deal with it than you. Before this wouldn't have bothered you, but after awakening your angel everything changes."

I didn't point out that he was the one to awaken my angel against my will.

"Ok let's get started then." I said. Taking a deep breath, I picked up one of the needles.