Chapter 37

My songs know
What you did in the dark
So light em up up up
Light em up up up
Light em up up up
I'm on fire!

I pretended to play my air guitar as fall out boys rocked out, singing as loud as I can with them.

"This may be the hottest thing I've ever seen in my life." Dylan said leaning against my bedroom doorway smirking. I froze. I wasn't expecting visitors today, so naturally I was in a long t-shirt and my underwear currently rocking out on my bed. To say I was embarrassed right now would be an understatement.

"Get out!" I squeaked. I let myself fall on the bed pulling the cover over me.

Dylan rolled his eyes. "I've seen it all before."

I blushed at his words. "Get out now!" I yelled tossing a pillow at him. He ducked out the door laughing. Jerk.

I quickly grabbed some pants and ran in the bathroom. I looked in the mirror frowning at my reflection. I had bed head hair and my shirt was wrinkled. I looked horrible. I quickly slipped on the pants I grabbed realizing too late that they were sweatpants.

I ran downstairs walking into the kitchen where I heard voices. To my surprise my parents were home, sitting at the table talking to Dylan.

"What's going on here?" I asked walking in. My mom frowned at my outfit.

"Honey you couldn't have dressed up for your mate?" She asked me. I frowned at her while Dylan chuckled. what was wrong with what i was wearing?

"Whats wrong with my outfit?" She smirked at me. Actually smirked! My mother smirked at me.

"Nothing if you were trying to look like a bum." My cheeks were on fire. Oh god, my mom just roasted me in front of my mate!

"She never dresses up for me Mrs. Parker, I'm afraid I've let her get away with looking like a bum too many times that she no longer cares." Dylan said sighing. I glared at him as both my parents laughed. I couldn't help but crack a smile as well. It seems they approved of Dylan. Sure I was mad at them but I still wanted their approval of my mate, and it seems I got it.

"Shut up!" I grinned at Dylan. "What are you even doing here?"

"Is it a crime wanting to see my mate?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes."

He shrugged. "Lock me up then."

"Aren't you guys just cute!" My mom gushed. I forgot they were even here. "We must take our leave now, all doors stay open!" She said as her and Ben walked out of the kitchen.

I waited until I heard the door close before turning my glare on Dylan. He just smiled.

"Jerk."

"Bitch."

"Asshole."

"Babe." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't you have plans today?" I asked him.

"Nope." He said popping the 'p'.

"Well I do." I told him smugly.

"With who?" He asked.

"Amanda, she didn't tell you?" I started looking in the refrigerator to make us something to eat.

"Nah why would she? She's probably happy I didn't know." He said shrugging. I sighed giving up on the food in our house.

"Do you want to order pizza? Your treat?" I asked him smiling innocently.

He grinned at me. "Gold digger."

***

"Three and twenty-seven? You're horrible!" Dylan laughed at me.

"It's not my fault everyone was camping!" I defended myself. We were currently in my room playing Call of Duty with the door open. I was mad that I barely got any kills because everyone was camping in my opinion.

"Really? How'd I get forty and six then?" He asked me gloating.

"You're a hacker." I shrugged. He started laughing really hard. I ignored him reaching for another slice of pizza.

The pizza arrived about twenty minutes ago and we were playing Call of Duty before then as we waited. He has been going positive the whole game while I've been going negative. I didn't think it was fair.

"Are you done?" I asked him when he finally calmed down.

"Yes." He said smiling at me. I was about to reply when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ashley? Is Dylan with you? Why am I even asking of course he is. I'll be over in five minutes." Jacob rambled before hanging up. I stared at my phone in confusion for a minute before putting it back down.

"Who was that?" Dylan asked. He's so nosy I swear.

"Jacob, he said he's coming over."

"Maybe he's finally going to explain what happened to us." Dylan said.

Ever since that night two days ago when Jacob freaked out after he found out we mated he has been avoiding us. I called and left him messages many times but he never got back to me. Now he has finally reached out to us. I was a little nervous about what he had to say.

"Maybe." I told him just as the doorbell rang. That was fast. Dylan followed me downstairs as I went to open the door. To my surprise Jacob wasn't alone. I was even more surprised when I realized it was the girl that kidnapped me that was with him.

"What?" Dylan suddenly growled. Oh shit I forgot he can hear my thoughts.

"Nothing calm down, come in guys." I walked towards the living room leaving the door open for them. "I hate to be rude but what is she doing here?" I asked Jacob as we all took a seat on the couch.

He sighed. "She has something to tell you guys."

I nodded waiting for her to speak.

"But first I need to explain to you guys about what happened." He said.

"What do you mean what happened?" I frowned.

"When you two mated. Why your marks are different from everybody else's." He said in a duh tone.

"What about it?" I glared at him.

"Dylan is part angel now." My eyes widened.

"WHAT? How is that even possible!" I yelled.

"When you guys mated, you shared half of your soul with him. Making him part angel." He said.

"Does that mean I'm part angel as well?"

"No you're still a full angel."

"What does being part angel mean?" Dylan finally spoke up. I looked over at him. He didn't seem upset by the news, just looked really confused.

"You have some angel powers. You now can control two elements and can shift into whatever you want." Jacob told him.

"What two elements?"

"Can I shift into anything?" Dylan and I both asked at the same time. We grinned at each other. Jacob rolled his eyes.

"Yes you can Ashley I thought you already knew this, guess I forgot to explain it. You can shift into any animal you please, only problem is it will always be white no matter what you choose." He told me.

"Can you shift into anything?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Yes but mine will be a different color, as will Dylan's." I absorbed his words as he continued. "As for the elements that you will have I don't know. You choose the elements; you won't know what they are until you try to use them. It usually takes a few days before they kick in." Jacob explained. The girl next to Jacob elbowed him and all of a sudden his face got serious. This can't be good.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked him. To my shock the girl answered, she has been silent since she walked through the door.

"The council has found you."