Chapter 38

Sorry for the super short chapter

"What?" Dylan yelled jumping up from the couch. "Wait who is the council?" He asked confused. I giggled at him. He didn't even know who the council was but still acted the way he did because he felt my fear.

Jacob glared at him. "Sit down so we can explain." The girl next to Jacob stared at Dylan with a look I didn't appreciate. She was practically undressing him with her eyes.

"Hey! Watch how you look at my mate before I rip your eyes out." I growled at her. She turned her eyes on me and had the nerve to smirk. I felt my anger rise and got up to sock her in the face. Dylan stopped me half way wrapping his arms around me and pulling me onto his lap.

"Can everybody just calm down? We have important things to discuss. Ashley's life is in danger." Jacob said. When he mentioned that my life was in danger Dylan gave him his full attention.

"What do they want with her?" He asked.

"It's a very long story for another day. But to sum it all up Ashley isn't a regular angel she's the first-born archangel, and the council has wanted her since she was born. Actually, they always have but couldn't find her." Jacob explained.

"What do they want with her?" I was actually wondering the same thing.

"I'm not sure exactly but it can't be anything good, with the amount of powers she has they'll try to use her for something. Something her parents never wanted which is why they tasked me to watch over her." 

"How did they find her?" Dylan asked glaring at the girl. She shrugged.

"It wasn't Stacy's fault. We're not sure how they found her either."

"Well there's nothing we can do now but wait and train more." I said. Jacob nodded his head in agreement.

"Just wait? What if they get here before you're prepared then what? We going to just wait while they take you for god knows what?" Dylan asked outrage.

"Dylan..." I said glaring at him. He glared right back, and I sighed. He's just saying these things because he cares, I shouldn't be so hard on him. "We'll be ready I promise and if not, I have you." I told him grabbing his hand.

He relaxed when I grabbed his hand before nodding. "You're right you have the packs support, and I'm sure Blake would help." Usually I'd flinch or feel pain when someone mentioned Blake name but now I feel nothing. Guess mating with Dylan has broken all ties between us.

"Yes, that might work. The council wouldn't expect that, werewolves don't usually align themselves with angels and cat shifters always keep to themselves." Jacob said nodding his head. He seemed to be deep in thought and mostly talking to himself.

****

"Are you sure you're ok?" Dylan asked me for the hundredth time. I shifted in his arms letting out a sigh. Why couldn't my life always be easy like this? Just laying in his arms? No one out trying to capture me.

"Yes Dylan, I just showed you how ok I was." I pointly stared at his bare chest.

He raised an eyebrow at my words. "Are you using me for sex?" He asked faking hurt. I laughed pinching his cheek, he glared.

"Maybe if the sex was better I would..." I told him biting my lip.

"I should talk to the pack soon, see how they feel about this. I'm sure they will help since you're their Luna, which reminds me that I have to announce that to them and you need to meet them."

"I haven't even met them yet and I'm already asking them to fight for me." I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"I'm the one asking not you."

"Yeah but..."

"Its fine don't worry about it." He said pulling me closer to him.

"Are you sure Blake will help us? I mean he did reject me, therefore he doesn't have to help me. He probably doesn't want to either."

"You never told me the full story of what happened." Dylan said. I sighed; I so did not want to get into this

"He tried bossing me around and said I couldn't sit with Jacob at lunch, for some reason he doesn't like Jacob." Dylan chuckled.

"There are a lot of reasons not to like Jacob. He has this aura that basically says "I'm the baddest thing walking this earth you all should obey me"." Dylan said laughing.

"I don't get that feeling from him." I said slowly. Dylan raised an eyebrow.

"What feeling do you get from him then?" He asked suspiciously.

"Just a friendly vibe, 'here to save the world' type vibe." I said. Jacob always seems like he's on a mission whenever I talk to him. Like if he doesn't do this now the world will stop rotating.

Dylan nodded. "Yeah I picked that up too. What did he mean by your parents tasked him to watch over you?"

"He's my guardian, train me and keep me away from the council."

"Hmm I always wondered why he followed you a lot." I laughed.