Chapter 25

I snuggled more into my soft warm pillow, I never remembered it being this comfortable before. Wait a minute, is that a heartbeat?

My eyes popped open and I jumped out of the bed. What the hell?

"What's wrong?" Dylan rubbed his eyes as he sat up.

"What's wrong? What are you doing in my house? In my bed?" I asked. I checked my body to make sure I was still dressed and let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, don't worry you wanted to though." He winked at my actions. I reached for a pillow and smacked him with it. Causing him to laugh.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again.

"I meant to leave before you woke up," He answered. I raised an eyebrow, that didn't answer my question. "I stayed last night to make sure you were ok after your talk with Blake and ended up falling asleep."

That was actually pretty sweet of him. I blushed, god what is wrong with me?

I looked over at my clock and groaned. Today was Monday and I have an hour before school starts. Should I get dressed or try to get another thirty minutes of sleep? Or just skip.

"You could skip today if you want." Dylan offered. It's like he knew what I was thinking.

"Actually, I can't." I told him sadly. My mom would kill me. I looked up to see him just watching me. looking at him made me remember the glow I saw around him in the woods. I gasped.

"Why were you glowing?" I asked him. He frowned at me.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"In the woods after I healed Blake, there was this glow around you." He was looking at me like I was crazy, at this point I'm starting to think I imagined it.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I sighed.

"Never mind, I need to get ready for school." I walked over to my closet grabbing blue jean shorts and a purple tank top.

"Want me to drop you off?" he asked getting out of the bed. Thank god he was fully dressed. It was probably uncomfortable sleeping in all of them clothes.

"You can drive?" After asking that I remembered the time I almost ran into his car. That seemed so long ago. Well he did almost hit me, so I guess he can drive a little bit. "Yeah I'll be ready in a bit." I told him walking into the bathroom.

"I'll be downstairs." I stiffened. I know for sure my parents are home now. What would they think when they saw Dylan come down? It was too late to stop him once I heard my bedroom door close. I'm so dead.

A couple minutes later I dreaded going down the steps. I should've told Dylan to go out the window. Not like the jump would kill him.

I walked down the stairs slowly hearing voices from the kitchen. When I walked in Dylan and Jake sat at the table, my parents were nowhere in sight.

"They left before Dylan came down. I'm the only one still here." My brother told me as I walked in.

"You're not going to ask why he's here." I took a seat next to Dylan at the kitchen island.

"I already told him, he knows I'm your mate." My eyes snapped to Dylan. I was hoping he came up with some excuse or something. Not the truth.

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm so happy you found your mate." Jake said. I guess he doesn't know about Blake, and I wasn't going to be the one to tell him.

"I didn't want to tell anyone yet." I lied. Three people already knew.

"I guess that makes sense. I've kept things from you too, so I guess we're even." That's one of the things I liked most about my brother. He didn't ask too many questions and accepted what you told him.

"How do you two know each other?" I asked gesturing between him and Dylan.

"My car broke down once and Dylan gave me a lift." That's it? I thought they were long lost friends or something. I opened my mouth to respond when my phone started ringing. Getting it out of my pocket I looked at the caller id, Lizzy.

"Hello?"

"Where are you? I thought you were coming in early today?" She asked.

"I said I was?" How could I forget that?

"No but, I was hoping you were." She said sheepishly. I grinned.

"I'm on my way now then."

"Ok meet us outside." I hung up and looked at Dylan.

"We need to go." He nodded. I grabbed my bag waving bye to Jake as we made our way to the door.

The drive from my house to school was only seven minutes, but for some reason it took Dylan fifteen. I swear he was trying to make me late on purpose. We finally arrived, and I noticed half the kids had gone in. Only a few lingered outside.

"Are you coming?" I asked Dylan as I was getting out. I know he didn't go to school here, but it's not like we were going in right now. Plus, I felt safer having Dylan with me.

"Yeah." He said getting out. I spotted Lizzy with Derek and Caleb next to this red car. We made our way over.

"Ashley!" Lizzy yelled throwing herself at me. I caught her just in time, or we both would've ended up on the ground.

"Hey Lizzy." I looked around her at the other guys. "Hey guys."

"Where have you been? Just forgot all about your tour guide." Derek pouted at me. I smiled.

"I didn't! I've just been busy." I shrugged.

"Too busy to text me?" He asked faking this hurt look. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't even have your number doofus." I told him smiling, while pulling out my phone. It's hard not to smile around Derek. He walked up taking my phone out my hand to put his number in.

"There now you have no excuse." He frowned when he looked at Dylan, like he was just noticing him for the first time. "Is this the guy from the arcade?"

I opened my mouth to answer but Dylan beat me to it.

"Yeah why?" He asked.

"What are you doing here?" Derek asked.

"What does it look like?" Dylan and his smart mouth.

"He dropped me off." I told Derek. Seemed like Lizzy was the only one in the family with some chill. Before more words could be exchanged the bell rang. I've never been so happy for school to start in my life. I didn't expect Derek to have this reaction to Dylan. I guess he was just taking his brother side.

"I'll see you guys in first period." I said shooing them away. Derek hesitated, but one pull from Lizzy had him moving. I turned back to Dylan.

"Are you trying to start drama?"

"I thought I was being nice." He smirked. I frowned as a thought occurred to me.

"Aren't you in school still?" He smiled.

"Yes."

"Aren't you going to be late?" I asked.

"Yes." I rolled my eyes at his answers. I take it he didn't care.

"Well I got to go, thanks for dropping me off." I reached out and pulled him into a hug. The tingles came back full force. I realized I hadn't been feeling them before until now. They felt good. We pulled apart and he made his way to his car. I ran in the school building hoping to make it before the second bell.