Chapter 21

My eyes darted in the direction of the smell.

"Ashley?"

"Lizzy? What are you doing here?" I shifted back once I noticed who it was, grabbing Dylan's shirt off the ground that he carried with him.

"I was looking for you and followed your scent here." She said looking at the big panther in the tree, right above my head.

"Relax, that's just Dylan. Shift back already fun time over." I told him. He made this weird sound before hopping out the tree and walking over to some bushes.

"What are you doing out here?" Lizzy asked.

"Just decided to go for a run. Needed to connect with my wolf." I said shrugging.

"Blake said your wolf was black, but your wolf is white. How?" She asked confused. Dylan walked back to us just then and I thanked the heavens.

"Hey," He greeted Lizzy. She waved but didn't say anything, which I thought was weird. I was sure they got along the last time we hung out.

"Should we head back?" I asked once it got quiet.

Lizzy nodded then started walking. Dylan and I followed closely behind. I tried to keep my eyes off Dylan the moment I noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt, which was hard to do since he was walking directly next to me.

--------

We were all sitting in my living room waiting for someone to start a conversation. I don't remember it being this awkward the first time we all hung out, something was bothering Lizzy.

"Shouldn't you be doing something right now Dylan?" I hinted for him to leave. Maybe she'll feel more comfortable if it was just us.

"No, why do you ask?" I glared at him and he smirked. He was doing this on purpose. Asshole.

"Don't you have a life?" I said glaring.

"Yes, but it's on hold right now." Lizzy watched the exchange with a hint of a smile on her face.

"Get the hell out Dylan!" I yelled. He chuckled and got up from the couch.

"Well goodbye to you too grumpy pants. I know when I'm not wanted." He said faking hurt as he walked to the door.

"Yes, you're not wanted here now leave faster!" I told him smiling. He rolled his eyes and left. I turned to look at Lizzy who was quiet through all that.

"Hey Liz, what's up?" I moved to sit next to her on the couch.

"I don't know, I had this dream and it's confusing and scaring the hell out of me." She said in a quiet voice.

"What was the dream about?"

"I'm not sure if I can tell you, or even if I want too." Wow. This dream must be serious.

"Why wouldn't you be able to tell me?" I asked her confused.

"I don't want to scare you." She said.

"Lizzy, just tell me I promise I won't get scared." I told her gently.

"Ok, I had a dream there's a war coming, and we're all going to be in it."

"Well that's not so bad." I told her.

"No, the bad part is well, you die." She told me her eyes glazing over.

"Well lucky it was just a dream, right?" I hope it was just a dream.

"Yeah, but it just felt so real." She looked thoughtful. "I should head home, I'll call you later." I watched as she got up and walked out the door.