Chapter 23

The wolf slowly walked towards us. Without a doubt in my mind I knew it was Blake. I felt a slight pain in my chest at seeing him again. With all the angel training I'd forgotten about his rejection but seeing him now brought back the pain.

"What is going on?" Jacob asked looking between us. I realized he'd never seen Blake shift, so he doesn't know what his wolf looks like.  So, I can see why he was confused by me and Dylan's reaction.

"It's Blake." I told him. Even I could hear the hurt in my voice.

"What does he want?" Jacob asked. The wolf growled before darting behind a nearby tree.  A few seconds later Blake reappeared in nothing but shorts.

"What the hell is going on here?" He asked using his alpha tone. Since no one here was in his pack it had no effect on us. But still no one liked the fact that he tried to command us.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Dylan demanded. At some point during Blake's arrival he had moved in front of me. I don't know if he did it because he was jealous or just felt the need to block me from his view, either way I was grateful for that.

"I asked a question kitten and I want an answer." Blake snarled. At first, I thought he was calling me kitten, until I saw Dylan clenching his fist and taking a step forward.

"Who do you think you are? Coming here and ruining everything? You have no right to be here!" I told him getting angry. His eyes softened when he looked at me.

"Relax dude we're not trying to cause any problems." Jacob chimed in.

Blake's eyes snapped to him hardening again. "Really? Then why are you in my woods?" He growled.

Jacob looked confused for a minute, then he realized he meant his pack owned these woods. To my surprise he smirked. I didn't know this was pack territory, quite frankly I thought they only owned the house.

"I don't believe the humans would agree that these are your woods pup." He taunted Blake. Why was he purposely trying to make him mad? Dylan chuckled, and I glared at him. He's so not helping.

Blake's eyes turned black and before any of us could react he lunged towards Jacob. When he was an arm length away Jacob shot out his hand and an invisible force flung Blake into a tree. My eyes widened, What the hell was that?

Blake shifted into his wolf once he recovered from the blow, taking a fighting stance. I thought about stepping in to stop the fight, but Dylan grabbed my arm pulling me back. I glared at him.

"What are you doing? He's going to get himself killed!" I argued, trying to get out his hold. Dylan opened his mouth to respond but a growl from Blake had us both snapping back to the scene. Blake circled Jacob, as he just stood there. Lunging he went to attack Jacob again, but was stopped before he even got close this time.

Jacob's eyes flashed white and he twisted his fingers. Out of nowhere a small tornado appeared and swooped Blake's wolf up flinging him into another tree. Blake hit the tree and slide down it no longer moving. I ran over to help him. Sure, he was a jerk for rejecting me and bringing drama wherever he went, but that didn't mean I wanted him to die.

"Oh my god Jacob what did you do!?" I asked as I knelt next to Blake's unmoving body. After a few seconds he shifted back into his human form. There was a big gash on the side of his head. My heart stopped.

"Heal him." Jacob told me calmly. I looked to see him and Dylan both standing there watching me.

"I can't heal him! He needs a doctor!" I told him, staring at him like he was crazy. He practically kills Blake then tells me to heal him? Is he insane?

"If you want him to live Ashley then you need to heal him." He told me again.

"Did you not just hear me? I can't heal him." I screamed panicking as Blake's heart started beating slower.

Jacob knelt next to me on the ground next to Blake's body. Grabbing my hand, he placed it over Blake's head wound.

"Healing is one of our many abilities, first you need to calm down." I did as he said closing my eyes and taking deep breathes. "Now picture the wound healing." Opening my eyes, I focused on his wound. Slowly I started feeling a tingly sensation start from my shoulders and carry down to my fingertips. I looked as wisps of white smoke started coming out my fingertip. It went to the wound and completely covered it. After a few seconds it disappeared, and the skin was smooth, no cut. Blake opened his eyes and looked up at me.

"You healed me." He sounded as shocked as I felt. I looked over at Jacob to see him smiling at me with pride in his eyes. My eyes widened when I looked over at Dylan. All around him was this white glow, it was beautiful, I couldn't look away from it. That is until he smirked, and it disappeared.