Chapter 33

Today was the day, that day being prom. I was actually nervous about going. Lizzy had taken me to get a red dress the day before, I still didn't understand why Dylan wanted to wear red. It was a knee length dress that flared out at the bottom and had a belt around the middle. It was very cute, and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it, I paired it with plain silver heels. Dylan had also asked me to be his date that day too. I smiled at the memory, he made it a big deal and embarrassed me in front of half the school.

Flashback

I was waiting outside for Dylan to come pick me up, it has become a normal routine for us. Lizzy was sitting next to me going over the plans of us shopping later. I tuned her out after she said we'd be going to more than five stores. I really didn't want to be at the mall all day. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Dylan still hadn't asked me out. Maybe he changed his mind and didn't want to go? Or maybe he was having second thoughts about dating me. I was too busy having a mini panic attack in my head that I hadn't notice Lizzy was trying to get my attention.

"What?" I asked her.

"There's your lover boy." She pointed at something behind me. I looked to where she was pointing, and my eyes widened in shock. There coming down the school lot was Dylan, on a pure white horse. Cars were blowing at him as he slowly made his way to me. I looked up at him and he had a huge smirk on his face. Suddenly the horse picked up speed and within seconds he was in front of me.

"Ashley, the fairest lady in the land! Would you do this poor old servant a favor and accompany me to prom?" He said in this weird Shakespeare voice holding his hand out to me. I felt my face heat up as people around me started staring waiting for me to answer. I felt one stare in particular as I looked over and saw Blake glaring at Dylan and I with hatred in his eyes. I looked back at Dylan as he waited for my answer, as if he didn't already know it.

"Oh Romeo!" I started off dramatically, "What would father think? I mustn't run off on this beast with you into the sunset, for I am not the fairest in the land. I believe I have lied to you." I finished placing the back of my hand against my forehead.

Dylan looked at me in confusion as I tried not to laugh. "Juliet?" He asked stupidly. I couldn't hold it in anymore and burst out laughing, Dylan glared. Once I finally stopped laughing I reached out and grabbed his hand. He easily lifted me onto the horse placing me in front of him. I looked down waving bye to Lizzy as Dylan command the horse to start moving.

"You know you kind of messed up my proposal back there." Dylan said as we made our way out the school parking lot. I had no idea where we were possibly going on a horse, but I was hoping it was McDonald's since I was hungry.

"I'm sorry?" I said giggling a little bit. "Where did you even get this horse? I hope you aren't planning to take me to prom on this."

"Duh I'm not I only rented this horse for three hours, I have to take it back soon." He told me seriously, before cracking a smile.

Flashback over

We rode the horse around for two hours and even went through McDonalds drive thru, imagine the look on their faces when they saw a horse come up to the window.

It was now 5:00 and prom started at 8:00, I had nothing but free time. I thought about calling Dylan over but decided against it, I'll just watch movies until Lizzy came to get ready.

I walked down to my living room picking out two movies, and then went to the kitchen to make popcorn. Jake and Ben were in there when I walked in.

"Hey guys." I greeted them. I wasn't too kin on talking to Ben knowing he also knew about me being adopted. I hadn't had the time to talk to my mom because of everything else that's been going on.

"Hey, shouldn't you be getting ready?" Jake asked me.

"Ready for what?"

"Prom, doesn't it usually take you girls hours to get ready." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I don't think I need three hours to shower and put on simple make-up." I rolled my eyes. Jake and I are back on speaking terms, I've forgiven him about not telling me.

"I just texted my date and she said she was getting ready." He said shrugging.

"Most be some bimbo then." I grabbed my finished popcorn making my way out the kitchen.

***

"Ouch! Stop poking me in the eye!" I complained. I was currently sitting at my vanity mirror as Lizzy did my make-up, which felt more like torture.

"I wouldn't poke you in the eye if you'd stop moving!" She groaned in frustration. She came over two hours ago, I thought that was still too early to get ready, but she didn't. I caught Jake giving me a smug smirk when I let her in.

"I'd stop moving if you'd stop poking me!" I argued back.

"Is that all you two do is fight?" Amanda asked from my bathroom. I also invited her cause I knew they were having prom at their school and I thought she'd enjoy some girl time. We have gotten closer since I started dating Dylan, whenever I went over to his house we'd all watch a movie together or play games.

"We're not fighting." I protested.

"Ugh there finally done!" Lizzy exclaimed. I shot up from the chair before she could change her mind.

"The torture is finally over!" I said falling to my knees and lifting my arms up to the sky.

Amanda laughed. "I swear you're perfect for my brother, both super dramatic." I grinned at her as I stood up.

"Speaking of your brother being dramatic... do you know how he asked me to prom?" I asked her. She shook her head no and I told her the story. Her eyes were wide before she started laughing.

"That seems like something he would do." She chuckled.

"You also didn't get to witness the very disturbing reply that Ashley gave him." Lizzy said smirking, I glared at her.

"No reason to dwell on the pass," I made a shooing motion with my hands.

"Right, I need to curl your hair now." Amanda walked towards me with the curling iron.

Two burns and 30 cuss words later she was finally done. I got up going to check out the final product in my bathroom mirror. It was big enough to show my body but stopped at the ankles. I looked way better than I thought I would. My make-up was done perfectly, and my hair looked as if a professional done it.

"I love you guys so much!" I said to them, still staring at my reflection.

"We know you do." Lizzy replied. I rolled my eyes. I walked out the bathroom to see they were also ready.

Lizzy was wearing a black sparkly floor length dress that made her blonde hair stand out even more. It was flat ironed and stopped at her chest. Amanda's outfit was the complete opposite. She was wearing a tight blue dress that stopped at her knees and had an open back with a front that tied around her neck.

"You guys look hot!" I told them. They grinned at me. I opened my mouth to say something when I heard the doorbell ring. "Oh my god he's here, I need to get down there before Jake opens the door." I told them walking out of my room.

"No! You have to make an entrance. Let him open the door so Dylan can wait to see you." Amanda told me. I rolled my eyes. Make an entrance? And she calls me the dramatic one. I waited as I heard Jake open the door and invite Dylan in.

"Do I go now?" I asked. She grinned at me.

"Yes, let's go."