Chapter 16

I walked the halls after third period hoping to avoid running into Jacob or Blake. So far, I was doing good. I cannot deal with them both. But sadly, I'm not that lucky. When I got to my locker Blake was leaning against it waiting for me. I haven't talked to him since the hospital. He wasn't at the welcome back party because his dad sent him to do something with another pack that day.

"Hey, I didn't see you after class." Yeah because I was avoiding you.

"Sorry I had to stop by the library." I smiled at him.

"Hey Ashley!" Oh great. I turned to see Jacob coming towards us.

"How does the new boy know your name?" Blake asked suspiciously. Cause he's stalking me while claiming to be my guardian. But I couldn't say that.

"Um he's my neighbor?" I said, more like asked. Blake raised an eyebrow at me, but before he could question me Jacob came up.

"Hey, I've been looking all over for you." He smiled at me.

"Why?" Even though I opened my mouth I wasn't the one that asked the question. I looked over at Blake glaring at him for cutting me off.

"Uh I believe I was talking to the lady." Jacob told him raising an eyebrow.

"And I believe I was talking to you." Blake glared walking closer. Jacob looked over at me confused about his behavior.  Also wondering if he was a threat to me. I know Jacob could beat Blake, with him being an angel and all. I needed to step in before things got bad.

"Blake back off he did nothing to you." I told him placing my hand on his chest. He looked down at me, then looked back at Jacob.

"What's going on here?" He asked.

"I told you already." He's so sexy when he's jealous. Whoa did I just think that?

"Whatever." He said leaning back against my locker. Glad he's controlled now. I looked at Jacob.

"Did you need anything?" I asked politely trying to separate them.

"Yeah do you mind if I sit with you at lunch?" I was sure he was only asking to be polite. Even if he didn't directly sit at my table he'd sit close enough to watch me. I didn't think I really needed protection at school, but for reasons unknown to me he's here.

"sure." "No." Blake and I answered at the same time.

"Excuse me?" I asked him.

"I said no, you're sitting with me and he's not invited." My mouth opened in shock. There was nothing sexy about this. Plus, I never sit with him at lunch and now suddenly, I am?

"I'm sure she can make her own decisions." Jacob said sounding angry. I would have to explain to him later that Blake is my mate and that's why he's acting like this.

"Yes, Blake I can and I'm not sitting with you, come on Jacob." I grabbed his arm pulling him in the opposite direction from Blake.

"Take one more step with him and you'll regret it." Blake called out from behind us. I stopped and turned around.

"Oh yeah, and what are you going to do?" I asked starting to walk away again until I heard something that shocked me.

"I Blake Ryder reject you."

]Q

Thanks to the new awesome cover decided to update!