Chapter 27

The bell rang, and I've never been so happy for a class to end in my life. After dissecting frogs for over an hour the fresh smell of kids in the hallway was much better than that of frog guts. I burst out the door taking in big gulps of air.

"Come on now it wasn't that bad." Jacob chuckled as he followed out behind me. "Dramatic much?"

I glared at him. "Easy for you to say, you probably hang around dead things in your spare time." I said smirking.

"Actually, I do." He replied.

My eyes widened. What?

He started laughing at my reaction and I realized he was joking.

"That's not funny I thought you were serious." I brushed by him to go to my locker.

"That was the whole point." He rolled his eyes. I placed my books in my locker while Jacob just stood there.

"Don't you have your own locker to get to?" I asked grabbing my backpack and math book. Remembering the tons of homework, I had to do soured my mood.

"There's nothing in there I need." He shrugged. We both started walking towards the double doors that lead outside to the parking lot. We stepped out and I glanced around. My eyes landed on Dylan and I let out a sigh of relief. I wasn't sure if he was coming or not since I didn't have a chance to check my phone. Lizzy was also standing next to his car for some reason. I started making my way over with Jacob trailing behind me.

"Ashley!" Lizzy smiled as we approached.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked curiously.

"I know you need help with your math homework, so I decided to catch a ride home with you. I saw Dylan standing out here and assumed he was your ride since your brother left." She said in one breath. I smiled.

"Thank you so much!" I looked over at Dylan, "I wasn't sure you were coming." I confessed embarrassed.

He smirked. "Of course, I was coming." To my surprise he reached over and pulled me into a hug. Once I got over my shock I hugged him back, he was so warm and smelled like vanilla. I liked vanilla. We both pulled apart when someone cleared their throat. Looking up I saw Jacob staring at us with a raised eyebrow. I never told him Dylan was my mate, did I?

"Ok!" Lizzy said clapping her hands "let's get this show on the road."

I quickly ran over to the passenger side before Lizzy could beat me to it. She rolled her eyes at my childishness and Dylan chuckled. I saw Jacob get in and I turned around surprised.

"What are you doing? Don't you have a car?" And other friends, I thought.

He nodded. "Yeah but it seems like everyone was riding in this car, so I joined." He said casually. I looked over at Dylan, but he just shrugged and started the car up. Sometimes I wished he was more possessive and kicked Jacob out the car. I sighed crossing my arms over my chest with a pout.

"We can't go to my house, my mom only knows Lizzy."

"We can go to my house." Jacob suggested.

"No thanks, last time I was there was against my will. I was lucky to leave the first time, why would I go back?" Jacob rolled his eyes.

"Wait what?" Dylan asked.

"When I first met Jacob, he had some creepy ninja girl kidnap me and bring me to his penthouse." I said calmly. Thinking about it now I was over it and didn't think it was a big deal, Dylan on the other hand did.

"He did what??" Dylan yelled out. My eyes snapped to his in surprise. I hardly ever saw Dylan mad but right now he was furious.

"What?"

"I can't believe you're just now telling me this. This psycho kidnapped you and you're just running around playing angel with him?" I looked at Lizzy to see if she heard the angel part. Lucky for me she just looked confused, I glared at Dylan.

"We'll talk about this LATER." I stated firmly. He didn't respond but his hands tightened around the steering wheel. Now he chooses to be possessive.

Ten tense minutes later we arrived at Dylan's house. I didn't know he was bringing us here because we hadn't discussed it once we got off topic, but it made sense to come here I guess. Last time I was here I didn't get to take in much detail about the house. It was a three-story house; the front was blue, and the rest was made of red bricks. It looked nice and inviting. Dylan parked in front of the house and in the drive way there were two other cars parked.

"Who else is here?" I turned to ask Dylan, but he had already gotten out of the car slamming the door in my face.

"That's harsh." Lizzy commented as she also got out the car, followed by me and Jacob. We hurriedly caught up with Dylan just as he unlocked the door.

"I'm home and brought company." Dylan yelled into the house. We heard footsteps coming towards us. A guy a little older than us rounded the corner.

"Who are these people?" He asked while sending Lizzy and I a wink. I fake gagged.

"Ashley and her friends," He paused looking back at Jacob. "Well Lizzy is her friend." He corrected. I let out a giggle.

"The same Ashley you've been love sick over the past week?" The boy asked. I had the great pleasure of seeing Dylan's cheek tint pink.

"Stop teasing him in front of her." A girl called out as she walked over and gave Dylan a hug. Against my will or maybe it wasn't, a warning growl left my lips. I blushed soon after when four sets of eyes turned towards me.

The girl let Dylan go and smiled at me. "Hi I'm Amanda, Dylan's sister." She said smirking. If possible, my cheeks got even redder. Oh my god I growled at his sister! Taking a closer look at her I could now see the resemblance.

"Hello," I said recovering fast. She grinned before pulling me into a hug. I froze not knowing what to do and then slowly hugged her back.

"This is my sister Amanda and my best friend Ryan." Dylan said making introductions. I waved at Ryan not really wanting to hug him.

"What are you guys doing here so early?" Dylan asked them. Lizzy and Jacob had gone to the living room to sit down already, I didn't even notice they left. I slowly started making my way there as well, not wanting to intrude on their conversation.

"I hope you're not thinking of replacing me." Lizzy whispered in my ear as I took a seat next to her.

"What do you mean?" I frowned at her confused.

"With Dylan's sister." She said, waving her hand towards Amanda.

I laughed. "You know you're irreplaceable Lizzy." She grinned.

"What about me? With that Ryan guy." Jacob asked. I doubt Ryan would want to be my bodyguard.

"We're not even friends Jacob." I told him rolling my eyes.

"Keep telling yourself that cupcake." Was his response. Just then Dylan walked over to us. Ryan and Amanda no longer with him. I wonder where they went?

"Where are we going to work at?" I asked him.

"In my room lets go." We all got up following him out the living room.

"Don't try any funny business with me sir, my dad is expecting me to return home a virgin." Jacob said as we were walking up the stairs. Lizzy and I burst out laughing while Dylan shot a disgusted look at Jacob.

"No problem there," Dylan said "I'm not attracted to blondes.