𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟧: 𝒜 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓅

Shinobu POV:

At the Butterfly Mansion

I carefully sealed the envelope. It was a thank-you and invitation for a hangout at the Butterfly Mansion to Tomioka. I wanted to properly thank him for the roses. They looked lovely in my room and were probably very expensive.

Besides, I intended to find out more about him. After I told Mitsuri and Akira about him, Akira got a very suprised, menacing and scary look on her face for a second. Mitsuri just started squealing about how handsome he was.

Perhaps I could make friends with him. I liked the idea of being able to be friends with someone who was reserved. It showed that I had good social skills, didn't it? And it would be nice to be friends with a guy who didn't act and look like a Ken doll.

I went out to the post station and mailed the letter. I discovered his address from Tanjiro, a friend a few grades younger than me. When I mentioned Tomioka to him, he said he knew him so he gave me Tomioka's address.

But if I was to be blunt, the real reason I was doing this was because I wanted more real friends. Not fake Ken dolls or Barbie dolls. Mitsuri and Akira were my only real real friends. Everyone else just liked me because of my popularity, money, looks and sister. It didn't feel like they actually liked me.

But Tomioka wouldn't care about my popularity. He wasn't popular himself, and he was fine with it, so at least he'd treat me like a person and not a celebrity.

Giyu POV:

I cleaned up and set the dinner table while Tsutako cooked dinner. I couldn't cook as well as her and our parents were gone, so she did cooking while I did housework.

Tsutako was an amazing cook and she was making salmon daikon today, so there was no way I would miss it for the world.

"Giyu, are you done setting the table?" Tsutako called from the kitchen.

"Yes, Nee-san," I replied, placing the last water glass.

"Great, could you go check on the mail? I forgot to check today," Tsutako said. I obediently went outside and opened the mailbox.

There was three letters in there. I picked them up and brought them inside to the kitchen counter.

"Hm.. let's see..." Tsutako turned off the fire and looked at the envelopes, "Two of them are taxes.. remind me to pay them tonight. Oh, look, the third one's for you." She handed me the last envelope, sealed with a nice butterfly stamp.

I took it into the living room, sat on the couch and opened the letter.

Dear Tomioka-san, 

Moshi moshi! This is Shinobu Kocho, the girl you so kindly gave the roses to today!

They are so pretty and probably very expensive, too? So I wanted to properly thank you! Please, come over for dinner tommorow! My cook, Aoi, makes a very delicious udon and also too-die-for crepe cake! You must try it! It's my treat! You can stay as long as you like and arrive as early as you please.

It was very kind of you to let me keep the roses. I'm sure it was originally for someone, right? Maybe Kanroji Mitsuri or the new Korean transfer student, Akira? Oh well~ I do hope you'll come, or Aoi will have made all that food for nothing! Ara ara~ Now that would make me very angry!

Please do come, though! It would be my pleasure!

From,

Shinobu-chan

My mouth dropped open and I ran into the kitchen, my eyes shining.

"Nee-san! Nee-san! Guess what!" I shouted, "I got invited to Shinobu's house!"

"Oh, really?" Tsutako smiled, "When is it?"

"Tommorow! She says I can come whenever and stay for dinner!" I replied, excited.

"Oh, Giyu," Tsutako's smile vanished, "But you promised we'd have some family time together tommorow."

"Nee-san...." My excitement faltered, "I'm so sorry....  I forgot.. sumimasen, I can ask her.."

"No, no," Tsutako said, "You should go, or Shinobu shall be disappointed. It's a once in a lifetime invite, hey? We can do it next week."

"Aw, really? Thanks, nee-san!" I cried, throwing my arms around Tsutako, "You're the best!"

"Hey hey, be careful now," Tsutako smiled, balancing a bowl of daikon, "You wouldn't want me to drop the salmon daikon now, would you?"

"No! Let's eat!" I shouted cheerfully, grabbing my chopsticks.

How on earth did I ever get this lucky...?