𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟥: 𝐼'𝓂 𝒢𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒜𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒴𝑜𝓊, 𝒩𝑜 𝑀𝒶𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉

Shinobu POV:

I waved my hand frantically for a taxi, feeling a burning-hot fire of aggravation rise inside me. Nobody was stopping- they all had a destination already or were heading in the wrong direction. How could I be so unlucky?

I needed to get to the Shikiki Train station, immediantly. Time was speeding by faster and faster- by the time I had finally managed to hail a cab, it was already 1:40.

I didn't know exactly where the Shikiki Train station was personally- I didn't take trains often, but the driver seemed to know exactly where it was, and didn't require instructions, so I let him take me there.

On the way, I wondered how Giyu had managed to change colleges and arrange everything so quickly. But of course he would- he didn't like to waste time and was always serious, sensible- if I broke up with him he wouldn't apologise and beg for forgiveness. He would have just accepted it, although if he had begged for forgiveness I would have forgived him.

Besides, why was he even taking a train? I presumed he was going to go to the city or some far-off village where his college had a campus and it was definetly easier to book a driver or take a bus. Trains were very old-fashioned and there was few left used for convenient travel in Tokyo.

I glanced worriedly at my phone, hoping Makomo wasn't wrong. What would I do if he wasn't there, or the train had already left? He didn't answer my texts or calls anymore.

I'd also deserted poor Mitsuri very suddenly, and should apologise properly soon after this is sorted. But would it ever be sorted?

What if Giyu didn't forgive me, even if I did manage to catch him? What if he left on the train and discarded me forever? Or did he already get a new girlfriend? Perhaps he never had any regret leaving me.

Pain, doubt, and worry coursed through my veins as I silently urged the taxi to go faster, to get to the station in time, for it was now 1:45 and Makomo had said 12 was the deadline. 

"Excuse me, sir- are we getting close? I'm sorry, but I'm in sort of a hurry," I asked the driver, not able to withstand my impatience.

"Just five minutes, miss, we'll be there very soon," he answered cheerfully. I nodded and sata back, waiting out the time by imagining what I would say to him.

Definetly apologise, and present the truth I knew, about the cookies, and try again. Hopefully he would forgive all and we could be together again, but I knew that was doubtful. He would feel hurt, betrayed, even if it was the cookie's fault. It was my own carelesness.

Finally, the taxi stopped, and I quickly paid, got my things and sprinted out. The train station was in a pretty rural area, with endless plains of green grass and trees surrounding it. The small, classical station was the only building and train tracks adorned the ground.

I sprinted to the station, clutching my purse and running faster than I ever had before. My eyes searched desperatly for Giyu- ink-black hair, sharp ocean-blue eyes, the rare smile that I longed to see now.

The sun blinded my eyes but I didn't give up, my eyes peeled for every corner.

Giyu POV:

I stood a few feet away from the station, hands in pockets, hoping nobody would talk to me. I wasn't in the mood for socialising today- it was hard work making small talk with strangers, and today I just wanted to clear my mind.

The weather was unusually perfect for my circuit-breaking plan- the sun shone radiantly over the plains of dewy spring-green grass, the clear blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds, the warm sunshine made for the perfect weather, the scattering of few spots of daises amongst the green-topped hills adding a simple but admirable touch to the landscape.

The Shikiki Train was known for it's punctuality, and my ride was due at 1:55-2:00. Usually trains had a five-minute break to check on it's engine and restore fuel if needed, which I discovered from Sabito who used to study trains.

I felt unusually tranquil and peaceful this afternoon- I had taken care of all the paperwork this morning and packed my few things; they had all fit into just one suitcase and a backpack. 

I lifted my head towards the sun to feel more of it's radiant beams of warmness. Perfectly, peacefully alone, but not happy. One could never be truly happy alone.

Yet I knew I would deal with it well. I had friends in the city region, and Sabito and Makomo were checking in constantly with me online.

The train's air horn sounded somewhere far off in the distance, it's blissful sound feeling like music to my ears, mingling with the bird's chirping. The sound of the train's mechanics started getting louder as the train finally neared the station.

But my ears suddenly stood up at the sound of a familair voice calling my name, and I spun around in suprise as a mysterious figure knocked straight into me, almost sending me down, hugging me tight. 

Shinobu POV:

I crashed straight into Giyu as soon I spotted him, standing alone near the station with his suitcase and backpack. I'd yet again felt terrible for leaving him.

But now I was in his arms again, feeling warmer and safer than ever.

"G-Giyu! I'm so sorry!" I sobbed into his shoulder, "I was wrong! You never cheated! Akira put some sort of poison into the cookie she offered me, and caused me to believe so! Mitsuri helped me realise my faults, and I'm so terribly sorry I accused you of such dreadful things! Please, do forgive me!"

"I.... you.. I'm sorry, this is just a little too much," Giyu shook his head in amazement, "The train is here- I was planning to leave into the city."

"Please don't leave me," I blinked, more tears dripping down my cheeks, "I'm truly sorry. Please, can we try again? I'm sorry I believed such horrid things. But it was the poison- it wasn't my fault, Giyu, I would never have believed you would cheat if it wasn't for Akira. Please, please forgive me, for I can truly never express how sorry I am for the things I said to you."

"It's okay, really," Giyu hugged me back, and I could feel his own tears dripping onto the back of my dress, "Just... trust me, alright? Don't cry anymore- I can't bear seeing you like this."

"Oh, Giyu," I sniffed, "Whatever will we do now?"

A/N: Finally, climax point done and dusted. I'm sorry, I'm still cringe at writing romance confessions. I just suck at climax points altogether, but I did my best.