𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟪: 𝒢𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓊𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Time skip to graduation

Shinobu POV:

"Hooray!"

Everyone cheered as they threw their ink-black hats in the air, celebrating this brilliant stage in their lives. It was over! All perfectly over! We were off to college!

Never to see each other again.

No more Kenzo, no more fake friends. Akira said she would stay in contact but she was moving back to Korea. Mitsuri was going to the same college as me. And Giyu...

I promised myself he would be there. He promised me that he would be there. I just had to believe in him.

The huge crowd broke into chatter as everyone excitedly met up with old friends, crying as they gave sad farewells to high school friends, exchanging phone numbers.

Mitsuri and Akira were clutching each other and squealing in delight. I longed to join them, to celebrate the end of an era, but I smiled, told them I had to go do something, and left in search of a certain blue-eyed boy- no, man.

I searched the crowd for him, but he wasn't within sight. Well, it makes sense, I told myself, trying not to give up hope, He's probably with Sabito and Makomo and they prefer to keep to themselves.

I searched the outskirts of the crowd desperatly, trying to control the tears that were trying to slip down my face. He wouldn't have forgotten, would he?

I didn't know if he was still with Himari. I hadn't seen them together last week, so I'd hoped Giyu had kept his end of the deal.

But sometimes hope wasn't enough. What if he really did forget? Or take back his desicion? Change his mind? Or maybe he didn't love me anymore...

But suddenlly, I saw him. In all his glory, wearing the graduation robes, his dark hair tied neatly, his hand that I hadn't held for a year, waving to me now.

For a second I didn't do anything. I just stood there, frozen, my purple eyes widened. He was really there. He had really waited for me!

I ran up to him, crying, smiling, and he swept me into his arms. I sobbed into his shoulder, and he didn't make a sound but I felt tears drip onto my coat.

After we both calmed down, I sniffed and said, "I-I thought you forgot, or you were still d-dating Himari."

"Himari? No," Giyu smiled warmly, "I don't break promises, remember? She was planning to go away with her family after high school, anyways. We wouldn't have been able to have a long-distance relationship, but that didn't matter. I always waited."

"I cannot believe I actually put up with Kenzo until now," I smiled through the stains of my tears on my cheeks, "Honestly, I only got together with him because I wanted to make you jealous. I'm sorry for that."

"It's fine," Giyu smiled back, "Himari for the same reason. She was special, but not as special as you."

"I've been waiting for this the whole year."

"Me too."

Five months later

Author POV:

Giyu and Shinobu were now in a long-term relationship  for months, settled and happy in a small apartment, always together.

Both of them had chosen to go study for a Master's degree at a prestigous college, which was their dream. Giyu worked two part-time jobs to support them and Shinobu made some cash from social media.

Shinobu was studying medicine and medical courses, her dream was to become a self-employed full-time doctor at her own medical-care place.

Giyu was studying teaching and wanted to become a high-school teacher at Kimetsu Academy one day.

The two were happy, but not one particular person.

     . . . . . . . . . . .

Akira walked to her small rented apartment after school, checking her texts and in a horrible mood.

She'd known that Giyu and Shinobu had arranged to get back together after graduation but she didn't think it would actually happen. People weren't loyal. They weren't trustworthy and they forgot things.

Yet their untestable love for each other withstood the harsh conditions of long-term seperation. The most idiotic thing she'd ever seen.

Shinobu had just sent her a happy text saying that she and Giyu were now 'happily settled together, in a peaceful long-term relationship and studying their dream courses.' 

She'd then sent Akira a cheerful text asking how she was.

Akira had rented an apartment a few cities away from Kimetsu Academy, studying at a small college. She was doing a Master's course on law, but she had no particular interest in it. She did it for show. 'Oh, I have a Master in law!!'

It sounded impressive to her.

But now that Giyu and Shinobu were back in their dreaded relationship, Akira knew it would have to be her first priortiy. She couldn't live knowing they were happy together.

The evil genius made plans immediantly and cancelled her classes.

A/N: The following chapters will be the last of the plot and Akira's plans. Thank you everyone so far for the amazing amount of views, votes and followers! I truly appreciate it.