𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟤: 𝑀𝒾𝓉𝓈𝓊𝓇𝒾'𝓈 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Shinobu POV:

It was Thursday, a normal day of the week, except Giyu wasn't there.

He wasn't there to greet me when I came home, or to cook me dinner if I wasn't feeling well.

He wasn't there to close the curtains for me when I went to sleep and he wasn't there to help me with housework.

He wasn't there to provide enough money for us to live a simple life and I was incredibly broke now.

He wasn't there to make me a hot cup of tea when I was tired.

I missed him.

But what was done was done. I couldn't date a cheater, especially one that cheated on me for my best friend.

And Mitsuri at that. My most loyal, trustworthy friend. Sweet and kind and funny- I could hardly imagine her doing that.

It all seemed a little bit suspicious.

So I decided to pay her a visit today, as my college was taking a break today. I wasn't bringing anything with me, unlike I usually did. I always brought a little treat over when I was visiting someone- it was basic politeness.

But today I was going to visit to confront. Demand her to tell me why. How. Since when.

I had texted her yesterday asking if she was free this afternoon, and she said she was 'free and super excited' to meet with me. Still lying. More lies, more lies.

I kicked on my shoes, adjusted the butterfly pin in my hair, and stepped outside to discover the truth once and for all.

At Mitsuri's House

I knocked on the door, settling with a plan. Pretend to be friendly and everything until I explode. She would be so shocked. As I was.

"Shinobu-chann! Yay! You're finally here!" Mitsuri swung the door open, almost hitting my face. I stepped aside just in time and smiled forcefully.

"Moshi moshi~ Mitsuri-chan! Ara ara~ You are excited today!" I smiled. Just smile so she can't tell anything. My usual bright, sunny attuide. Play along.

"How can I not be? I haven't seen you in weeks!" Mitsuri beamed, "Both so busy with college!"

"I know, right?" I laughed, "My courses drain everything out of me!"

"Come in!" Mitsuri stepped back, holding the door open, "I shouldn't keep you standing here any longer! I've made us some drinks! Take a seat on the couch, per usual!!"

"Thanks!" I stepped inside, slipping off my shoes and taking off my coat. Mitsuri hurried off into the kitchen to get the drinks and I stepped into her living room. Mitsuri's apartment was small but cozy, and utterly Mitsuri.

It was decorated with glowing fairy lights, pastel pink curtains and patterned couches. The rug was heart-shaped and there was shelves of anime figures, realistic-food models and romance novels. Mitsuri's kitchen was always so full it was almost bursting, with piles of snacks in the cupboards and the fridge so packed you couldn't reach the milk at the back of the fridge without making everything casade down.

I had always adored the quirkiness of Mitsuri's apartment. It was so lively, unique and colourful, unlike my own. My apartment was sensible, simple. I would have loved to add a touch of style to the apartment but I wasn't quite stocked on enough money to buy house decorations yet, and it somehow felt inappropriate now that Giyu had left. The house was strangely quiet and empty without him, although he was often away.

As I rested my head on Mitsuri's plush pink couch, I admired the pretty ceiling lights. They were teddy-bear shaped, glowing pink and white. I used to joke about how bright her apartment was, and she would always say she loved some light effects to top it all off.