𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟤: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒫𝒾𝒸𝓃𝒾𝒸

Shinobu POV:

After everyone unpacked their baskets and set up the picnic, it looked delicious. Everyone had brought something mouth-watering and I couldn't wait to dig in.

Akira delicatly took a stick of dango and began chewing. Everyone else, following her lead, started eating too.

"No emotional cheers?" I joked as I bit into a bento.

"Oh, right," Akira blushed, "Sorry. Should we do it now?"

"Sure!" I replied. Everyone reached for their glasses of drinks. Makomo had brought a personlized drink for everyone.

I had a berry smoothie, Giyu had a coconut sago drink, Sabito had some chilled orange juice, Makomo had a peach crush and Akira had strawberry juice.

Everyone raised their glasses in the air and bumped them together, shouting, "Cheers!"

Suddenly, Akira's glass slipped from her hands and the red fruit juice splattered all over my white dress. I gasped at the cold contact and immediantly withdrawed my glass, but instead my smoothie was dumped over me too.

Safe to say, my dress was now more red and purple than white. It was soggy and wet, clinging to my skin unpleasantly.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" Akira cried and took a tissue out of her handbag, leaning forwards to dry my dress, but she accidentally knocked Giyu's glass in the process and he spilled it all over me as well since we were sitting next to each other.

Now my dress had little sago pearls clinging to me too and a pernament coconut smell.

"Aah! Oh no! I am so so so sorry!" Akira cried and took the whole tissue packet out of her bag, dabbing at my dress.

"It's fine, it's fine," I said, blinking back tears, because it was not fine, I felt like our first anniversary was ruined now. I felt a passive hatred at Akira for making this happen, even though I knew it wasn't her fault.

Akira POV:

I smiled mentally at Shinobu's ruined dress. My plan had gone smoothly, yet it was only Number One of my Ruin-the-Picnic plans.

Ever since Shinobu had happily declared she and Giyu were dating, I promised myself I would get between them. They weren't going to be happy if I couldn't be.

So I was going to ruin their very first anniversary. First, 'accidentally' destroy Shinobu's dress. She'd told me on the phone yesterday that she was gonna wear her best white dress that Kanae had given her. Well, the stains won't be coming out now.

I had much more plans to go. Giyu was going to regret dating Shinobu, that's for sure.

Giyu POV:

Makomo and Sabito stared as I quickly got some wet wipes from my basket and began helping Shinobu clean her dress. Akira fumbled around, trying to help, but I just told her that it was fine. I didn't want her to knock over another person's drink.

Eventually I managed to clean most of the juice off Shinobu's snow white dress, but there was a huge stain and it didn't look like it was going to wash off. It was disappointing, because it really was a very nice dress. I'd hoped she would wear it again another time. It was very flattering on her.

"It's okay, Giyu," Shinobu said gently as I got my twentieth wipe, "You've done the best you can. I'll put it in the wash when I get home."

"Alright then," I sighed, sitting back. I glanced at Akira. She looked close to tears.

"I'm really sorry I ruined your dress," Akira said to Shinobu at the verge of tears, "I'm so sorry. Ugh, why did I have to mess everything up?"

"It's alright, Akira, really," Shinobu said gently, "Please don't cry. It's fine! It will wash off. We can just pretend like nothing ever happened. I don't want the whole picnic to be ruined just because of a dress."