𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟩: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒲𝑒𝒹𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔

Shinobu POV:

Kanae slid the last few snow-white roses into my hair as Kanao put the finishing touches to my makeup. It was my wedding day, and my precious sisters were helping me get ready.

"You look beautiful, Shinobu dear," Kanae said proudly as I stood up and looked at myself in the huge full-length mirror.

I was wearing my hair in wrap-around Dutch pancake braid with miniature white roses adorning my hair. My white wedding gown draped to the floor in a pool of silk like waterfalls, every curve of the delicate fabric clinging to my body. The bodice was decorated with fashionable silk and I had off-shoulder sleeves with pearl bows. 

My diamond slippers added a finishing touch to the effect and so did the family jewerlly I wore- a necklace, a bracelete, and a beautiful silver crown. Kanao had wrapped a strand of white roses around the crown so it looked half like a flower crown and gave a beauitful effect.

I had a light touch of makeup on my face and now Kanae was worrying over a smudge on my lipstick, which I had told her at first that I didn't need it.

"Don't fuss around this! It's nothing," I laughed, "Giyu won't care for a smudge on my lip today."

"No," Kanae's eyes got all dreamy, which was so whenever she thought about love, "He will care for you and only you. How nice it must be!"

"You and Sanemi should be getting married soon, too," I pointed out with a raised eyebrow, and finally I got to make my older sister flustered for once.

"Oh dear, look, now it's even more smudged! I'll go get a wet wipe," Kanae said, quickly disappearing from the room with a blush on her cheeks.

I smirked after her. My poor sister had waited far too long, I feared Sanemi might never propose for his pride. 

"There you are," Kanao finished smoothing the layers of my dress and stood up, "As long as you don't trip or spill anything you shall look lovely for the ceremony."

"As will you," I regarded a look at Kanao's pretty brisemaid dress, "You'll look beautiful standing with Kanae. I hope the other girls are ready?"

"Yup. The three are all dressed and excited to be flower girls, Makomo is the ring bearer and has not yet lost your beautiful ring, and Giyu says everyone else is fine." Kanao assured me. "You must be so proud of yourself, dear sister, for you have deserved this fine achievement and chapter of your life."

"I do wish you would find it for yourself, too, Kanao," I smiled warmly, "Tanjiro has also been waiting far too long for you."

"We're a little young," Kanao objected, her cheeks colouring.

"No, you are not, and it is time," I held her hand in mine, looking her in the eye, "You must tell him your feelings. He will accept you, I'm sure, for the young boy loves you with that look in his eyes. If you wish to end up as happy as me, you must go for your own future."

My words of wisdom brought great joy to the young girl and she hugged me tight. The baby-blue silk of her dress crinkled, but no-one said a word as I hugged her tight.

Author POV:

"Will you please repeat this vow to Giyu Tomioka, saying after me: I, Kocho Shinobu, take you, Giyu Tomioka, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love and cherish you."

"I, Kocho Shinobu, take you, Giyu Tomioka, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love and cherish you." Shinobu repeated, not missing a word and looking at Giyu in the eye with such a tender look it brought tears to the guests.

"Will you please repeat this vow to Kocho Shinobu, saying after me: I, Giyu Tomioka, take you, Kocho Shinobu, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love and cherish you."

"I, Giyu Tomioka, take you, Kocho Shinobu, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love and cherish you." Giyu repeated slowly, as if cherishing the words and absorbing their meanings, looking back at Shinobu with an equal look in his eyes.

"Then I pronounce you husband and wife!"

The ceremony ended with happy tears, kisses, love and hugs.

   ----------

"KYAA! SHINOBUUU! THE FOOD IS SO GOOOOD!" Mitsuri squealed, clutching the new bride's arm after she tried some strawberry mochi.

"Please, calm down, Mitsuri," Shinobu laughed, "It's only my wedding feast- Aoi spent much love, time and care in it!"

"Aoi is an angel," Mitsuri sighed in content, taking another bite.

It wasn't a lie- Shinobu and Giyu's wedding feast was nothing short of an amazements. Piles of bento, sushi and all sorts of delicious food was piled on top of the table. Many bowls of salmon daikon was passed around (mainly to Giyu) and dessert was served along with the main course- no need of formalities, for Mitsuri.

Everyone ate what they liked at whatever time- Mitsuri started and ended with dessert. After most of the food was cleared up and everyone could no longer eat another bite, the gorgeous wedding cake was brought out, looking as magnicficent as ever.

It was huge, five towering tiers, made for the huge crowd of guests they had. It was a pearly white and was adorned with edible pearls, sprigs of fresh cherry blossom and a pair of beautiful hand-made chocolate figurines of Giyu and Shinobu to top it all off.

Every guest found room in their already bursting stomachs for a slice or two of the amazing crepe cake and found it irresistible. Aoi received mounds of compliments after the feast and was delighted by the great outcome.

The bride and groom ended their perfect day with the sunset falling upon them, the sun's warm glow warming the happy couple, and the comfort of each other's arms.

A/N: Shall the next chapter be of their honeymoon? I wish I could make it fun but I know I could only do that with a few extra characters in it, like Mitsuri or Kanae, but I don't know if that's appropriate for a honeymoon. Help?