𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟢: 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Shinobbu POV:

That stupid cheater Giyu Tomioka opened the door cheerfully and greeted me like always.

"Hi, Shinobu! Sorry I'm late, did you have dinner?" he asked as he set his case down.

"Yes, I did," I replied coldly. I stood turning sideways, not facing him, my arms folded.

"What's wrong?" He immediantly asked.

What's wrong? What a pathetic question.

"What's wrong? What's wrong? What's wrong is that you are cheating on me with my best friend!" I turned around and yelled, losing my temper immediantly.

"What?!" Giyu immediantly dropped his case with a thud and looked extremely alarmed and shocked. What an act.

"Akira visited today and told me she saw you and Mitsuri kissing at her house," I blinked back tears, "How could you go behind my back like that?!"

"I didn't!" Giyu cried, upset, "I really didn't! Akira is mistaken! I was at work the whole time! I would never! Oh Shinobu, don't tell me you believe that!"

"Well, you would say that, wouldn't you?" I answered bitterly, "Don't even say anything anymore. I don't want to hear your excuses."

"Akira is lying," Giyu said firmly, "I don't know why, but I know for a fact that it is a lie. Please trust me here."

"Why would my best friend lie to me?!" tears dripped down my face for the second time that day. "And how could you do this to me! I've never felt so betrayed. I trusted you! I really did! But you.... you....,"

"I didn't!" Giyu's eyes filled up with tears from fustration, "Why would I ever? I love you! I've never liked Mitsuri in that way!"

"That's what you tell me now," I angrily rubbed at the tears on my face, "I loved you too, Tomioka. I really did."

Giyu POV:

It felt unsettling to hear her call me that.

Upset, fustration, anger made my hands tremble. How could Shinobu believe that? I would never cheat on anyone, especially not for Mitsuri. How inappropriate. She was just a friend. We weren't even that close.

Why would Akira even say that? She still felt strangely, vaguely familair, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"I'm leaving." Shinobu said abruptly.

"What? Wait-" I desperatly reached towards her, not wanting to lose her so soon for a reason that wasn't even valid.

Shinobu slapped my hand away.

Her harsh touch made my hand red and the pain immediantly shocked my body.

"You can have the apartment," she said bitterly, "I'll pack my things tonight."

"No." I immediantly said, "I respect your choice. Even if it's not reasonable or true, I won't make you leave. You can stay here. I'll withdraw myself from the contract and I'll go find somewhere else."

"What-"

"I'll be fine, I have somewhere to go," I replied shortly, "I'll be back tommorow to take my things. Goodnight."

And with that cold note I turned, opened the door, and stepped out into the chilly night air.

"W-wait," Shinobu's voice trembled, "Can't you tell me why?"

"I didn't, so I don't have a reason," I sighed, "If you can't trust me enough to believe me, Shinobu, than I don't have a choice."

"You...," I didn't even have to look to know Shinobu's eyes were welling with tears, her voice shaking, "You liar! You pathetic, filthy liar!"

"That's what Akira led you to believe?" I spat out bitterly, tired from her nonsense, "I'll talk to a lawyer about the house contract soon."

"Ugh! Shut up! Just go already!" Shinobu shouted, half-sobbing, "My heart isn't for you to play with!"

She really did believe it, from the bottom of her heart. What had Akira said to make her that oblivious?

Author POV:

The cookies.

After Akira had left, Shinobu was shaking so badly, very upset. As time passed, she got hungry, so she opened the container Akira had left for her and bit into a crumbly chocolate-chip cookie.

Akira had suggested to eat the cookies soon while they were fresh, so Shinobu ate two before she got a glass of milk to wash it down. They really were very good cookies, baked to perfection. Golden and crumbly, with the perfect amount of sweetness.

Half an hour later she had began to feel more anger than shock and sadness. Fury directed at Giyu Tomioka because of his vicious actions. There was no more doubt in her. He had cheated on her for none other than her best friend.

The cookies were poisoned.

A/N: Plot twist 😝 Thank you to Sapphire-Reads for the cookie idea!