𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟩: 𝒟𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝑀𝓎 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝒹

Time skip (few months)

Giyu POV:

Each day just got worse and worse.

I despised going to school. All I saw was Shinobu and Kenzo together, day after day. It was so unbearably strange. Shinobu would never date Kenzo in a million years, yet she did.

It was probably to make me jealous. She knew my heart and mind like a book and she knew what would hurt most. Stupid, stupid. Evil butterfly with evil intentions.

But I could be accused of doing the same. Himari was the sweetest girl and the perfect partner but I had only dated her at first because I just wanted to move on so badly. Forget Shinobu. Just forget about it. She probably wouldn't even remember me after high school.

Usually being home would comfort me and talking to Tsutako would help immensly, but now she always came home late and didn't even properly make dinner. She would go into her room after mealtimes and lock the door.

She was still friendly to me, but it always felt like she was purposely distancing herself. We now had takeout four times a week.

I didn't know what she was doing, but sometimes I saw her come home in her friend's cars so I knew she was probably hanging out with them. They were so toxic. I wanted her to get rid of them but she wouldn't listen to me.

The meals she frequently made were now simple and not so flavourable. Instead of cooking with passion and joy, laughing with delight as she flipped pancakes, she now cooked with a disheartened expression and used store-bought pancake powder. (It tasted horrible.)

Something was wrong with Tsutako, but I just didn't know what to do. Too helpless, too weak.

At least I still had Sabito and Makomo. They were always there for me, whenever Tsutako was too late I would text them and they would immediantly invite me over for dinner. They were always kind and welcoming to me. 

My old friends at school also adored me and there was always someone who was willing to invite me somewhere. I felt welcomed.

Yet I hated the idea that they were only treating me like this because it was pity. 'Poor Giyu, he's been looking a little sad since last month.'

 'I heard his sister is drinking.' 

That was the worst comment of all. I trusted Tsutako- if she said it was an accident, she wouldn't do it again. She said she hadn't enjoyed it. She said she felt betrayed. That it wasn't 'funny'.

But now it was becoming more and more realistic. She looked more dazed by the day, her eyes clouded and always daydreaming. 

Life with Shinobu was exciting, passionate, exhalirating. Every morning I used to wake up, always excited for some new plans I had with her.

Sometimes I even slightly regretted my desicion to send her away. We could have kept on going, I would think with remorse.

But I knew I couldn't. If we stayed like that I would break down eventually. It was unacceptable that she was flirting with other boys at school and ignoring me. Even if there was a valid, although evil, reason. It felt like she was purposelly cheating on me.

Just a year, Giyu, I told myself sternly, Don't get caught up in yourself. Just be patient. Everything will be fine in college. 

You've just got to be patient.