𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟦: 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝒰𝓅, 𝒜𝓀𝒾𝓇𝒶?

Two days later

Author POV:

After Shinobu and Giyu settled back in their small apartment, their first task at hand was to confront Akira about her lies.

After arguing about who was to go and see her, the two decided on both going to determine lies and make sure neither of them were tricked again. They brought an air of fury with them as they knocked on Akira's door.

"Hello?" Akira poked her head out, and seeing the couple together, immediantly faltered.

"Good morning, Akira-chan. We would like to speak to you about personal matters," Shinobu said polietly but sharply, "May we come in?"

"Oh.. yes, of course," Akira opened the door for them and the two stepped inside, looking around her apartment.

All the furniture was a bland, pasty white, and few colour roamed the rooms. There was a touch of black, silver or gold decoration here and there, and the curtains were thick grey fabric. Drawings of abstract pieces hung on the walls and the room generally just had no particular style. It was a simple, basic apartment, no more decorated than Shinobu's.

Akira led them to her leather couch and smiled a radiant smile, "Please, sit down and let me make you a cup of tea for you."

"No, thank you," Shinobu said abruptly, "I don't wish to be poisoned again."

Akira faltered, her plan ruined, and she sighed, taking a seat on the oppisote couch.

"Look, I know, okay?" Akira said, "You probably know too. About the cookies. What I did."

"Yes, you do, and I want to know why," Shinobu said firmly, "Why would you want to ruin our relationship like that?"

"Well, not exactly ruin," Akira raised an eyebrow at Giyu, "You two seem to be together again."

"Fine then, why would you make us try our love to our wit's end?" Shinobu fumed, "You have no good reason."

"But I do," Akira murmered quietly, "You just don't know it."

"So tell us. I'm not going to leave you alone till I know why you did such unforgivable sins," Shinobu pressured.

Giyu remained silent. He didn't know Akira nearly as well as Shinobu did and he was there for answers, not words.

"Actually, Giyu already knows it," Akira gave a half-bitter, half-amused bark of laughter, "I suppose he just forgot, hm?"

"Then why don't you serve as my reminder?" I suggested coolly, coldly.

"Gladly."

A/N: And Akira's backstory comes next... brace yourselves!