𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟦: 𝒯𝓈𝓊𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑜'𝓈 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒

Giyu POV:

I waited by the window, scrolling through my mail patiently as I waited for Tsutako to come home. It was seven and I was starving.

Tsutako had a rule about not eating snacks within half an hour of dinner, and I didn't want to break the rule, just in case. I had been waiting for an hour already, and seven seemed late to be staying out.

Yesterday Tsutako had said she was going out with her friends and would be back by five, but it was already a two hour stretch. Hopefully something bad hadn't happened.

One hour later

It was eight now, and finally I saw the lights of her car as she parked in. It was an early dark today and I couldn't see her properly as she stepped out.

"Nee-san! Nee-san!" I eagerly opened the door and ran out to greet her, "Why are you so late? I'm starving!"

Tsutako didn't say a word, which was strange. She just walked in the door, dumped her handbag on the shoe rack and walked inside.

"Nee-san? Did you bring dinner?" I asked persistently, following her like a dog. I was just so hungry, I couldn't think of anything else. "I didn't break your rule! I didn't eat anything."

"Ugh... not hungry..." Tsutako drawled. Her word slurred.

I gasped and took a closer look at her. She looked dizzy and intoxiacted. My big sister was drunk!

"Nee-san! What did you do?! How did you drive back- oh my god you broke the law!! But you never drink!!" I gasped, but Tsutako didn't take in a word. She just flopped onto the couch and muttered nonsense.

I quickly made her a strong black coffee and made her drink three cups before she was finally sober.

"Oh my gosh~ Giyu?" Tsutako reached out towards me, almost knocking over one of the empty coffee cups, "What happened? Why is the world blurry?"

"You came home and you were drunk," I explained, making her sit back against the couch.

"What... oh... oh no!" Tsutako's eyes sprang open, "Oh dear. Giyu, I am so sorry. I was at a party with my friends and there was alchohol, but I remember refusing it. I fell asleep and someone probably poured wine down my throat as a prank. Oh god. I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine, nee-san," I said soothingly, "Just relax. Should I order takeout?"

"Hm? You haven't had food?" Tsutako looked at the clock, "It's eight-forty."

"I was waiting for you to get home," I confessed, "And I didn't eat any snacks because I was afraid of breaking your rule."

"Oh, Giyu," Tsutako sighed, "You are sometimes too behaving for your own good. Go and get my phone, will you? I'll order us some food."

Eagerly, I ran to grab her phone and came back quickly. My hunger was getting the better of me and any mention of food made my stomach growl.

Half an hour later, past nine, was when I finally got to eat dinner. Food really did taste better when you were hungry.

I frowned as I sipped my drink. It reminded me of the drink I had at the picnic.

The bittersweet memories returned to me and I fed myself and hunger pangs no longer entered my mind. Should I tell Tsutako about the picnic? It was now or never.

"Nee-san.." I turned to Tsutako, whom was finishing off her bowl of ramen.

"Hmm? What is it, Giyu?" Tsutako asked, tipping her head back to get the last of the ramen and slurping the soup.

"I need to tell you something...,"

I explained everything that had happened and after I was done, I waited for her reaction. My face was red, hoping she wouldn't laugh in my face.

"Oh, Giyu," Tsutako sighed, "Your life really is a K-drama. What events."

"What should I do?" I asked pleadingly, "I don't know if Shinobu is mad at me."

"Well, I don't she is, since you didn't do anything wrong," Tsutako mused, "She might have just been upset. But I know Kanae and I could ring her up to see what Shinobu told her."

"Thank you, nee-san!" I sighed, relaxing.

Tsutako POV:

After I finished eating, I called Kanae and asked her about my poor little brother's situation.

Turns out Shinobu had also told her the story, and she actually felt bad for brushing off Giyu. Those two were so romantic.

Me and Kanae chatted for a bit, then hung up to tell Giyu the good news. He was sitting at the kitchen table, doing his homework, looking worried.

"Hey, little guy," I grinned as I leaned against the door frame, "I've got some news."

"Is Shinobu mad at me?" Giyu's head lurched up from his homework and looked at me, worried. I swear if I told him yes he would have cried.

"Nope! She actually feels bad for being cold to you," I declared triumphantly.

"Oh, good," Giyu's whole body immediantly relaxed and he seemed to turn back to normal, "And I'm not little." He put away his homework and shoved me playfully.

"Oh ho, the small boy is savage now?" I giggled. I didn't usually speak in such a manner but my best friends all spoke that way and they sounded cool so I automatically used their speaking patterns.

Giyu rolled his eyes. "You learnt that from your friends," he said bitterly, the playfullnes leaving his voice, "And don't go to parties anymore."

He pushed past me as he headed to his room.

A/N: So here's a little bit of drama in the Tomioka household for you guys! Tsutako drama!