𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟧: 𝐹𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

Two days later

At Kimetsu Academy

Shinobu POV:

"Shinobu-channnn!!!" Mitsuri ran up to the sober-looking butterfly girl, "Helloooo!!"

"Oh, Mitsuri!" I turned around and forced a smile, "Moshi moshi!"

"Eh?! That's a fake smile, Shinobu-chan!" Mitsuri demanded, "Are you not happy to see me? I was sick yesterday!!"

"No, no, it's not like that," I sighed, "Sumimasen. It's just that me and Giyu aren't talking."

"Huh?! Why not?!" Mitsuri pouted.

"I don't know. I've maybe been avoiding him at school, hoping that will lead to people not believing Kenzo if he tells, but after school he hasn't been walking me home," I confessed, "I don't know what's going on, and he hasn't been texting me at all since the picnic."

"Well, Shinobu-chan," Mitsuri said, raising an eyebrow, "No offense, but it kinda sounds like you should be approaching him. You avoid him at school, so obviously he's going to think you're upset at him. He shouldn't have to make the move here."

"I guess...," I sighed, "I don't know. Everything sucks. I constantly go around school in the fear that everyone knows and I can't hang out with Giyu. He always makes me feel better. Now I only have you and Akira. Sabito and Makomo are avoiding me at and after school, they also haven't been texting me. I guess they're mad at me because I cold-shouldered Giyu, and they are his best friends."

"I can talk to Makomo and find out," Mitsuri offered, "But you need to talk to Giyu yourself. He won't believe me or Akira. You guys aren't.. breaking up, are you?" There was a desperate worry laced in her voice.

"I don't know, Mitsuri," I answered truthfully, "We might. We just might. I'm hoping we won't."

"You guys can't break up!" Mitsuri's eyes filled with tears, "There's no other couple that's cuter than you two!"

"Ara ara~!! Don't cry, Mitsuri!" I hurriedly grabbed her arm, "I said might! We probably won't! Don't be upset!"

"Only if you promise me that you'll text Giyu tonight," Mitsuri sniffed, using her puppy dog eyes.

"Oh, Mitsuri," I sighed, helpless, "You may look innocent but you really can blackmail."

"It's not blackmail," Mitsuri contuined staring at me with baby eyes, "It's called BEING A GOOD FRIEND."

"You really are like one of those little baby angels flying around with heart bows and arrows," I commented as I dragged her to class, "I wonder if that's your ancestor or something."

"Maybe it could be my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother or something!" Mitsuri said cheerfully as she lached onto my arm.

In the evening

I sighed, flopping onto the soft couch, holding my phone.

I was going to text Giyu, like Mitsuri had demanded. I still felt super worried and scared that he really was mad at me.

I decided to use a tactic to pretend nothing was wrong and just casually bring it up.

On phone

Shinobu: Hey, Giyu.

:Giyu is typing:

Giyu: Um.... hi

Shinobu: Ara ara~ Someone got slower at typing!

Giyu: Do you.. need something?