𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟧: 𝒜𝓀𝒾𝓇𝒶'𝓈 𝐵𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎

Akira POV:

Flashback:

I was only a child, no older than four years of age. Me and my parents took a trip into town, my birthtown which we visited every month. We had moved away when I was one for my father's job in the city, but we had many elders and friends in our village.

That day, that one November trip in the Autumn breeze, changed the course of my life forever.

My father announced to the villagers that he had just opened a new business and it was going to be 'the one'. He asked everyone to invest in it, and they happily did so- he promised to pay back twice as much when made the big bucks, and everyone trusted and loved our family, so of course they all paid him a good amount of their savings.

But he had betrayed that trust, and the next morning I woke up with a mob of angry villagers at our door. He had ran off with all the money, took the car and set off without me or Mother.

I was small, so I didn't understand, and the burden was all my Mother's. The villagers demanded that we pay off what Father had stolen, but we obviously couldn't pay it all off. It would have taken tens of thousands of our savings, not to mention Father had already took most of what we had left.

So my Mother had no choice but to promise she'd be back, and go to try and borrow money from friends, and pay it off like debt. She rented a car and was driving to her friend's estate.

This friend was incredibly rich, and she adored me like I was her niece. Her name was Reina and she always had some new expensive dress for me whenever I visited, so naturally my mother would go to her first. They were the dearest friends, like sisters.

But because of all the stress and pressure put on my mother, on the way to Reina's estate, she perished in a terrible car accident. It was determined fatal in an instant- there was no saving her.

In a state of confusion, many police trampled over me, investigating the situation. Unfortunaly, the crash was my mother's fault, but there were no aunties or uncles, grandparents or relations to pay it off or take credit for it. 

I was the only remaining member of my family.

But I was too young, only three years old, so the police officers took me to the police station and had me wait in an empty, cold room while they worked out what to do with a lawyer and a judge.

I was so small, and everything was just so confusing. I don't think I even realised that my mother had died and my father had left me with nothing. It had all happened so quickly.

Soon, I was put into court for the crimes of my parents, and my fate was decided.

Since I was too young to take any responsibility for their crimes, the goverment would help pay off the poor person's car whom my mother had ruined, and they would temporarily pay off what the villagers were owed, but I was to pay the money back once I turned eightneen.

And since both my parents had perished and my father was likely never to be found again, they were going to send me into an orphanage, before I was rescued.

Tsutako Tomioka, a kind girl, took me in and begged the court to let me stay with her until she could find me a proper family who was willing to adopt. The court had agreed, and Tsutako took my hand and brought me to her home.

"You'll be perfect for Giyu," she said kindly, "He's just your age and you two will be such great friends! Besides, you deserve an ideal home situation- I feel terrible about what your parents did and you don't deserve to suffer the consequences of their actions. Please, feel safe with me. I'll always care for you like you were my sister."

And care for me she did. Always brought hot meals, a comfy bed, and comfortable clothes for me, even if she didn't have much herself. I soon learned that she lived by herself, as her parents had perished due to sickness. 

But best of all, I became best friends with Giyu Tomioka, her little brother, just my age. He was kind, funny, a little shy and reserved, but that fit me perfectly as I required a delicate approach due to the unhappy trauma of my childhood. 

Me and Giyu were inseperable and we did everything together. I stayed with the Tomiokas until I was six years old- three years had passed- and I had started to develop a childish crush on him. 
But I didn't believe it was childish, and I truly did have a crush.

I would be more shy, blush when he complimented me and felt an overwhelming love for Giyu- his spiky raven-dark hair, his sparkling blue eyes, his soft hand and his bright smile. 

I crushed on him for a year before finally one day, I worked up the courage to confess to him.

And confess I did. I wanted to make it special, so I set up the perfect setting, picking sakura blossoms, choosing a nice spot near a stream, and packed a picnic.

At the end of the wholesome, happy picnic, I finally confessed to him. I thought he would be pleased, happy, or just shocked- but in the end, he was neither. He was appalled.

"I'm sorry, Akira, I only like you as a friend."

The words sliced through me like a knife, cutting nicely over my already broken heart and adding yet another wound to my endless pain. 

My father became a criminal. My mother died. My crush rejected me. What else? What else did life have to throw my way?

That day, I learned that love was nothing.

It was nothing.

Love is only pain. The people you love will never live after you, and you shall only feel pain by their leaving. The happiness love gives you will never last long. Everything good must end, and so love must too.

I never loved again, after that.

One day I packed my things, thanked Tsutako for her hospitality, and left the Tomioka home forever. I went into a foster home, than an adoption center, till a nice couple decided to adopt me.

They gave me a beautiful childhood onwards, and I was given luxury after luxury, sent into Kimetsu Academy, not knowing I was to meet Giyu again.

With a girlfriend.

And if he couldn't pay for ruining love for me, and if he couldn't pay for breaking my heart, than he didn't deserve to be happy.

I wasn't going to let him be happy, if I wasn't.

I was going to ruin everything for him.

A/N: And that is Akira's backstory! This pretty much concludes the plot, but let's have a nice finishing touch, shall we? Thank you for all the support, and Sapphire Reads for the confession idea!