Running on the Beach at night (Chapter 5)

Back at home, everyone was asleep. The Inn is an extremely quiet place at night. I quickly ran upstairs and changed into a pair of Nike shorts and a sports bra.After all, it is the best time to run. I know, I know i told Izzy a fib, but I needed a stress releiver. Bad. As i reached the edge of the beach, i plugged my earphones in andtook off. The wind and breeze from the ocean really exhilarated my body. Nothing ever felt this good.

 For the first mile, i didnt think about anything. My mind was empty, oh and it felt great. Running on the beach at night is the only time i can get away and nothave a thing to worry about. Starting on my second mile was even great, I had more energy then ever. I focused on putting on foot in front of the other. Running, in my opinion, is all aboutconcentration. If you cant concentrate, you cant run worth a shit. Tonight, I was on the ball though.

I ran until i came to the lighthouse, not even a mile from where Dannyand I had lain together and talked. Not even a mile from where i lost my virginity. It was scary. After all that was said and done, losing my virginity wasn't as big of a deal as i thought it would be. It was only a night, that would have happened sooner or later. After all, lying to Izzy was getting to be pretty easy. I just know how she would react and i couldn't stand losing her as a friend. Maybe its true, the phrase 'somethings are better left unsaid.' Izzy and I needed each other. Even though we were like Summer and Winter, we couldn't lose each other.

 The next few miles became easier as i paced myself back towards The Inn. When i finally approached home, out of breath, i lay down in the sand. I felt like I was on top of the world. I smiled, thinking about how i had just run 6 miles easily.

 Yupp. I still had it in me. I knew i did, even though it was the first time i had run since Cross Country had ended.

 I lean up onto my elbows, noticing an unfamiliar figure sit beside me. I look over, at the shorter man sitting beside me. He was wearing a huge, goofy grin. He said something, but i didn't hear him i still had my earphones in. I reached up and removed my earphones and smiled politely at him.

 "Did you know that its really not good for the heart to be so worked up from running, and then just stopping to lay down?" The mysterious guy was still smiling,"You don't burn as many calories." He was extremely cute, even though his tight black t shirt and long khaki pants gave me the tourist vibe. His hair was short and dark.

I couldn't make out the color of his eyes because of the darkness, but they were dark as well. I examined his facial features, he had exquisite features. His jawline was sharp and strong looking. You could say he had the "Brad Pitt" jawline. Which was, in fact extremely sexy. Though, i couldnt make out his eye color.

 I laughed, what the hell? "Well then! I guess its a good thing i wasn't aiming for burning calories."

 He blushed, "You mean to tell me, that you were just gone for an hour, just running for the hell of it?"

 This guy was funny, I laughed again. "You could say that."

 "I mean, not that you need to be burning calories or anything. I've just never met someone that just ran for the fun of it." He laughed, as if he was embarrassed.

 "Yeah?" I looked over at the guy, "Well, its just something i grew up doing. Have you been sitting out here since i left?"

 He nodded, "Yup, i got my chair set up closer to The Inn though."

 I looked back to the house, there was a lawn chair sitting close to the porch with a laptop and a couple of books sitting around. How did i miss him when i walked out?

 "You staying there too?" He nodded his head up towards our bed and break fest.

 "I live there."