Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 19)

Chapter 19

RECAP_

So I quickly opened the door and there stood Grant and Cannon both, smiling.

“That looks so good girl.” Cannon said from behind Grant.

“That’s that, you’re getting it. I’m paying for it.” Grant smiled at me, and nodded.

As I walked out of the dressing room, Grant snatches the dress from my hands and heads to the checkout line.

“Grant, I can’t let you do that.”

“Why not? I have plenty of money and no one to spend it on. “Grant says.

I hear Cannon laugh from beside him, “You could spend some on your roommate, but your too greedy.”

I know it is probably very rude to let Grant pay for my dress, but he insisted. I couldn’t not let him buy it.

We finally walked out of the store and headed back towards the apartment. Cannon and Grant both goofed off the whole way, but I stayed silent the whole walk.

I needed to thank Grant for all he had done for me, but I couldn’t seem to get his attention. Cannon had all of it. So, I would wait until tonight. After today, I was pooped; but I knew that tonight would make everything ten times better after meeting his editors

Chapter 19

We finally made it back to the apartment with great timing. It was only 5;00 which meant we had three hours to relax until we had dinner with his editors.

I laid on my bed for what seemed like hours staring out of the bay window. The view was a great, I could probably lay there watching all day. My thoughts wondered all over the place, about home, my friends, Danny. They wouldn’t leave.

I didn’t know whether not hearing from Danny was a good or bad thing. I couldn’t decide. Of course, I should be feeling relieved that I hadn’t heard from him, but I didn’t. Not at all. I missed him, I missed him so much that I could hardly stand it.

          I knew Danny didn’t miss me though, he couldn’t. Not when he and Charlie had wedding planning too do.

          Wedding planning. Those two words scorched the back of my mind. I bet they would have a huge, beautiful white wedding. It would be one of a kind, if Charlie’s parents were anything like her. Charlie loved to spend money, and buy the best of everything. She had to get that from somewhere.

          I wouldn’t attend. Even if I were invited, I wouldn’t go.