Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 25)

Chapter 25

Recap-

 Carter also pushed himself off the counter and sighed. This is where the old Carter would come on to me, and beg me for sex. To my surprise, Carter looked over at me and smiled. “Nah, I should really get going. I would hate to piss your man off.”

He would hate to piss my man off? I snapped my head over to him, “What are you talking about?” I asked.

Carter chuckled a bit, “Arent you and Danny seeing each other?”

My eyes widened as he asked me, “No.” I snapped, “Why would you think that?”

“I followed you out last night, making sure you didn’t want me to give you a ride and you and Danny…” He stopped talking for a moment, “You and Danny were kissing. I figured yall were an item.”

“Well, we aren’t.” I said quickly. I wasn’t trying to be a bitch but I couldn’t let this stuff get out. Izzy was already pissed off at me enough.

Carter nodded quickly, “Well that’s cool. I was just thinking…”

Before he could finish his sentence I stopped him, “Well you were wrong.”

After a while longer, Carter left the house and headed home. I ended up having to explain everything to him because otherwise he would have never left it alone. That’s just the way Carter was though, he was curious.  I laid in bed after he left, still thinking about his situation. I felt terrible for him, I also felt bad that I didn’t have any good advice for him.

After an hour of lying there of being unable to sleep, I decided to run. It had been way too long, and overdue. So I slipped some shorts on and grabbed my tennis shoes. I knew the wind would feel amazing tonight. I grabbed my ipod before I walked out on the beach.

I listened to the waves crashing ashore before the popped the earphones in. I finally put them in, and the first song that played was my absolute favorite, Sweet Little Thing by Lucero. My legs started running hard with the beat as I soon forgot every detail of the day. I knew it would be erased, but only for a little while. I towards the old light house. I knew it was a long way, but I wasn’t stopping until I got there.

          Chapter 25-

COMMENT/FAN/VOTE PLEASE1

          Hope you guys enjoy J

          The rest of the week had crept by sluggishly, I hadn’t heard from Izzy since I had told her about Danny and me sleeping together. My days were filled will work, where Emily, Tanner and I mostly goofed off. I, also, hadn’t seen or heard from Danny which was odd. He had started almost texting me every night, but ever since the day we went to the lake, I hadn’t heard a word from him. I didn’t let that get me down though. I called myself taking one step at a time, the only thing I needed to be worrying about right now was where I was headed when the summer was over.

          “I don’t really understand why she is so pissed off at you. It’s just her brother, it’s not like he is her ex-boyfriend.” Emily explained as she cut open the UPS box full of new books.