Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 33)

Soooo......... This is the last chapter guys. Well, there will be an epilogue that will include some pretty epic info but other than that the story is almost over. Lucky for me, I get to keep writing though. Keep a look out for the sequel. Im not sure of the title yet, and Ill need a book cover so if you want to help let me know!!

Comments PLEASE! I would love yall's opinions on how you think the sequel will be!!!!!

oh, and VOTE!!!

Hell, maybe even tell a friend?

Thanks, enjoy!!!

Chapter 33

Recap-

Before she could get too far, I turned towards her. Calling to her, “You’re making a mistake Samantha.”

          At that moment, she stopped in her tracks and turned towards me. She walked towards me, “The only one who made a mistake her, was you.” Her voice was cold, and hateful. “Maybe I’m thankful, maybe I didn’t love you as much as I thought I did. So go, be with Charlie because I don’t want you anymore.”

          I reached up to touch her face, and wipe all of her tears away but as soon as my hand touched her soft, delicate skin, she grabbed it. She squeezed my hand for a moment, which reminded me of time I told her to never let go. After a moment of squeezing my hand, she let go.

          It felt like a shot in the heart. My heart crashed into my chest, and felt like it could no longer beat as I turned to watch her walking away from me, not looking back.

          Samantha and I were finally over and I was even willing to break everything off! No more making love to the one I loved, no more swimming at night, and no more seeing her beautiful smile every day that lights up my world. Suddenly, my heart felt cold. This was the first time I had ever felt so bad, like I had nothing to live for. Her words burned into the back of my mind as I thought back over them.

          Maybe I didn’t love you as much as I thought I did.

          My heart was truly broken. All this time, I was so worried about breaking her heart, which I never thought about her actually breaking mine. I stomped back to the house, vowing to myself that I would never love another like I loved her. Never again, would I care for someone like I cared for Samantha.

          I threw my bag over into the trunk of Izzy’s car, I was so thankful that he offered to take me to the ferry today otherwise I would have had to ask my mom, which wouldn’t have been a pretty site. She was already crying, and I had even left yet.

          I turned around to give my mom a comforting smile, a smile that told her that everything would be alright, even if I didn’t believe if for one minute. After everything that happened last night, I was pretty much down in the dumps today.

          It was an ugly day as well, so that didn’t help either. My mother’s arms circled tightly around me, and she sobbed a little bit more. “You know Sammy, if you get home sick you can always come home.”

          I nodded to my mom as I swallowed back the tears that were forming behind my eyes. “I know, mom.” I knew that would turn back to that. I was always told by my father,  ‘if you are going to do something, do it a hundred percent.’ So, I wasn’t going to give up on it just yet.