Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 10)

Chapter 10

Izzy had already left to spend the day with Kameron. I was left behind, to spend the day with Danny. I wasnt too excited about this. I guess it had to be done sooner or later though, and Danny is the one that knows about the best apartments. So it shouldnt be too unbarable.

I walk down the hall and into the living room where Danny is sitting on the couch watching cartoons. My heart warms as he laughs at the television. "Are you seriously watching cartoons?" I ask as i sit beside him.

He looks at me crazy, "What? Are you saying you dont watch Saturday morning cartoons?" He is being totally serious as he says this.

I laugh, as i shake my head.

"Wow, well we are going to have to put off apartment seaching for a while." He changed the channel to another cartoon, "The Jetsons is about to come on." He looks at me and flashes a big smile.

I study him as he leans back comfortably on the couch. He is such a big kid.

He finally notices me studying him, "Come on, you have never watched The Jetsons?" He leans his head back onto the couch. "Its my all time favorite."

I smile. I had watched a couple of episodes when i was younger, but i had never really gotten into it.

"Oh my God. You have never seen The Jetsons?" He leans up, and questions me, "Are you insane??" He squints his eyes together, and shakes his head.

I laugh and set my gaze onto the television. "I have watched it, but never really got into it. They dont even speak!"

"You are definetly a deprived person." He glanses back to the television, and starts laughing at the cartoon playing.

I laugh as well.

Cartoons werent so bad after all.

Before we knew it, we had been watching cartoons for an hour. Danny looks at his watch and sighs, "Guess we should get going."

I didnt want to say no, but i am honestly getting into these cartoons. An hour flew by. Danny gets off the couch and walks to his room. When he comes back out, he's wearing a pair of polo khakis and a black Polo. Damn and he looks great.

He grabbed his keys, "So, are you ready?"

I get off the couch, "Yeah, let me grab my purse."

We were finally off to search for apartments. I was nervous, but also very excited. Danny road me through campus, and showed me where everything was. It was sweet.

"You know if you never need help or anything, Kameron and I will be around to help you. So you really have nothing to worry about." Danny explains.

"Well, that's very sweet of yall. I am very excited." I laugh nervously, as he looks over to me and smiles big.

We finally arrived to the first apartment complex I was touring. The outsides were very nice, but the insides not so much. As soon as we walked in I turned my nose up.

Danny notices me sizing the place up and laughs, "I can already tell this is going to be a long day."

I give him a mean look and i roll my eyes. I knew it was going to be a long day. As we walked out of the complex, I look at Danny and shake my head. "Not happening. It was so depressing in there. The walls were like brown and there was carpet." I look up at him, and he is smiling at me. "And carpet is ugly."

He laughs out loud, and shakes his head. "Women."

I nudge his shoulder playfully, "Thats not funny."