Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 11)

************************************

Chapter 11

VOTE/FAN/COMMENT

:))

The next morning I wake up I am awoken by a strong arm draped over my side. Why the hell is Izzy holding me like that??

I look up to the bed side clock, it was only 5:00 in the morning. I couldnt understand why i am wide awake this early in the morning.

"Izzy...Get off me." My voice was scratchy, and I could barely open my eyes.

Oddly, Izzy didn't move at all. I finally turn my head to look back at her, and to my surprise, it wasn't Izzy. It was Danny sleeping soundly.

When in the heck did he sneak in here?

I really didn't care, the memory of last night filled in my head. It felt like a distant dream. An amazing one though. Danny looked beautiful sleeping, he curls draped over his eyes and his face looked so soft. He was the one that I wanted to be with, but he would never know. I lift my hand to touch his face and his eyes snap open.

I wasn't quite sure what to say, so I smile sheepishly.

"Good morning...." His voice was gruff, and low. "...Sorry, I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to see if you were still awake. I must have fallen asleep."

"It's okay..." I giggle a little, "I thought you were Izzy." I did. I can't describe how I felt when I turned and saw him instead. It was like my heart dropped in the pit of my stomach. I wanted to be with him so bad, but it's not possible. It's a terrible feeling.

Danny smiles and chuckles, but stays silent. I could tell Danny's mind was somewhere else.

"Uhhh, last night..." Danny lingers for a moment, trying to figure out what to say.

I didn't want to hear this conversation, but I knew what it was about. You know? The conversation... Last night shouldn't have happened...I wasn't in my right mind. Blah, blah, blah. So I stop him before he could say anything else. I lay my hand on his chest, "Don't finish that. I know it shouldn't have happened, and it didn't mean anything." I have to make myself smile, and look up at him.

His face loses expression, and his eyes look hurt. "Samantha..." He sits up from the bed, and runs his hands through his hair. "I really need to talk to you, about a lot."

"There is really nothing to talk about Danny. I don't need to hear the 'It was all a mistake talk' again. I have come to realize that sex is just sex these days. No need to explain anything." I get out of the bed, and move to my suitcase to fine my Nike shorts and a tank top.

Danny walks up behind me, and slides his arms around my waist. Feeling his breath on my neck made me want to melt into his arms, "You can't tell me that last night was just sex." He voice was deep, and intense.

He forces me to turn around towards him and pulls me tightly into his body. I couldn't look at him, so I kept my eyes on his chest. He meant the world to me, I couldn't say that though. I couldn't be that girl. The one that ruins his engagement. The one that screws her best friend's brother. Let me rephrase, I wouldn't be that girl.

"Damnit Samantha, just say whats on your mind. Just once." His voice is more forceful and louder now. He was getting angry with me; I could see it in his eyes as I looked up to him.

I swallow hard, "I don't know what you want me to say." It was true; I didn't know what to say. "What, do you want me to melt into your arms and confess my love for you?" I pull from his embrace.