Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 9)

Chapter 9- PLEASE COMMENT/VOTE! I WOULD LOVE SOME FEEDBACK :))

If I only knew one thing for sure about myself, it's that I hate traveling. We had been traveling almost a half a day now to Princeton, New Jersey. I knew we had to be getting close. A ferry, train, and car ride in half a day's time isn't exactly my cup of tea.

I was sitting in the bar seat of Danny's Mustang. As much as I loved the cars, they are extremely uncomfortable. I see Izzy look back at me from the front and I gently smiled

"So, where are we going to look first?" She asked. My mind hadn't been on searching for apartments the whole way. I was too worried about every glance, smile, or even smirk I had gotten from Danny. This isn't all that surprising at all.

I glance at Danny, who is also glancing at me from the rearview mirror. "I have no clue, Iz. I guess Danny will just have to show us around to the best ones."

"I can definitely do that." Danny smiles, a goofy grin. He had been the perfect gentlemen ever since I arrived at their house this morning. He got my bags out of my car, and packed them into his, and opened my car door. What's up with that? "I'm pretty sure my place, has a couple apartments open."

Izzy laughs, "Dan, Sam doesn't want to live at the same apartments as you."

I laughed to myself, Izzy had no idea.

Danny still glances at me from the front as my cheeks brighten. "I don't care where I live, as long as it's nice."

Danny laughs, "I'm pretty sure, I could find you some nice motels or weekly rentals."

I smirk at him, and laughed sarcastically. "You're too funny Dan."

"You know I am."

I set my eyes on the outside scenery. It was the first time Danny had actually made a joke around me since that night. I know Danny was a funny guy but these past couple of weeks; he has just been very quiet and not talkative when I'm around. Today was different though. Maybe we could actually be friends.

My thoughts are interrupted from my phone starting to ring.

Grant.

I smile as I answer. Grant wasn't too happy about me taking this road trip with Danny involved. I can understand why though, but then again I can't. At the moment, Grant and I are just friends, and business partners. Well, kind of.

"Hello?"

"Hey pretty girl, have you guys made it yet?" I hear his low, gruff voice from the other end.

"No, we haven't made it yet. I really think we are close though."

"Well, I think you guys should just head on back. I am missing my writing partner." He kind of laughs.

I laugh as well, "I miss you too." I lower my voice as I say this too him. I look up to the rearview and Danny's gaze is set on mine. For a moment, I want to just drop the phone. His stare was so intense.