Running on the Beach at Night (Epilogue)

Epilogue

          My helpless head laid over the toilet as a vomited everything I had eaten that morning up. This was getting ridiculous, I had been in New York a month almost and I was throwing up every day.

          “Samantha, get dressed. I am taking you to the doctor today and I don’t care what you say.”  Carter yelled at me from the other side of the bathroom door.

          “Carter, I am fine. I am just stressed out, and you know what happens when I get stressed out.” I yelled back, I wasn’t about to let him take me to the doctor.

          I ignored him rambling from the other side, and quickly stripped from my cloths. I reached inside the tub in my bathroom and turned the shower on. A hot shower would do me good right about now.

          I stood under the hot water that spewed from the overhead faucet and it felt amazingly good. My mind started wondering off track as I started to feel nausea again. I hunched over holding my stomach tight, hoping that the pain would go away. After I gagged for a moment, my conscious started thinking.

          What if your pregnant, Samantha?

          At that moment my heart stopped beating, and my mind searched through the days and months. It wasn’t possible; I had my period every month, at the same time.

          There was no way I was pregnant, besides Danny wasn’t able to have kids.

          Whew, my heart finally slowed down a bit as I made the assumptions. I giggled a little bit, as I turned the water off and hopped out of the shower. When I got out of the shower, I wiped the mirror off with my bare hand and then looked at myself.

          My mind immediately thought of Danny, and how much I missed seeing him every day, but right about now he was happily married. And I was just here. Yeah, I know I had Carter, but it wasn’t the same. Carter didn’t make me feel the same way as Danny did.

          I quickly dressed and ran a brush through my long, dark hair and then walked out of the bathroom. I see Carter waiting around for me, I smiled at him politely and then he grabbed my arm. “Samantha, this isn’t healthy. You’ve lost like what, 20 pounds? I am taking you to the doctor.”

          Carter escorted me to my room, where he left me to get dressed. I sighed as he walked out, feeling somewhat depressed. I wanted to see the ocean so badly that I thought I would go insane. I quickly slipped a pair of jeans on that were nearly falling off and a plane white t-shirt.

          Might as well get this over with.

          Reluctantly, I walked out of my room where I saw Carter pacing back and forth. “Calm down, Carter. I am fine.”

          Carter looked at me seriously, “Are you…? Are you starving yourself?”