1:9

Worrying about anyone other than my brothers and sisters isn't something that I do. I don't sit and inquire if people got home from parties. It wasn't my job to worry about those other than my family. At least that's how it has always been. I wasn't the man with a heart of gold. The only people I considered myself to have a heart for are my siblings. The rest of the world got exactly what it gave me. There's nothing more I would give to others other than what's necessary.

Today that changed without me even realizing it. Lennpx is going to the bar alone. No friends weren't mentioned when I asked her about her plans. A beautiful girl all alone at a bar in the city. That's something that I obviously couldn't ignore. It's not your job to worry about her. She's an adult.

The more I chanted that to myself the less convinced I became. Which is why I'm calling her well past working hours. Once, twice, and a third time she didn't answer. Most likely she's at home, where you should be.

My phone rang with trepidation. For some reason it seemed to ring louder than it ever had. Maybe it was due to the fact that I was hoping for it to ring. Or maybe it was the fact that it's always on do not disturb.

"Genevieve, it's late, you should be asleep. Don't women need a full eight hours to stay young-I'm not being sexist YOU told me that!" Amara is starting to rub off on my sweet little sister. Almost every conversation these days she calls herself "checking" me on one thing or another. Nothing I say is right and it is better to keep my mouth completely shut. Dealing with Amara and all of her attitude is enough. Adding Genevieve to the mix gives me a migraine.

"I didn't call you to talk about skincare. Guess who's at the bar right now?" No way. What are the odds out of the thousands of bars they would end up at the same one.

I'm already grabbing my keys when I respond. "Let me take a wild guess."

"Your favorite human on earth, Lennox."

"Is she alright?" Why am I suddenly so concerned with a grown woman who can handle herself? Time and time again she has proven how well she can take care of herself. With reeling in Cameron Dane and holding her ground when it comes to me. Intimidating is only one of the many words that has been used to describe me. Without fail Lennox seems to brush it off instead focusing on her own goal. She reminded me of myself in that way. When it comes to business all bets are off and whatever I desired would be had.

"Perfect, dancing her life away." Who the hell was she dancing with? Being possessive never has been my thing but when it came to the image of her shaking her ripe ass at a bar for everyone to see had it coming off of me in waves.

"Where are you guys?" I jotted down the address quickly. Scared it might disappear if I hadn't. "I'll be there in a few moments, don't leave." All I needed is for Genevieve to go wandering around in the dead of night. If she hadn't used Lennox as a distraction I would be more annoyed at the fact that her and her sister are out getting inebriated. After everything we went through with Amara the possibility of another abduction has always been a festering fear in the back of my mind. Even after killing off all who had anything to do with it. Instinctually my hand clutches the phone tighter.

"Are you sure? We can walk, the apartment isn't that far." She must be drunk if she ever thought I would let any of them walk home at a time like this. Barely did they get to do that on a bright sunny day. I've taken more precautions than most had but I wouldn't apologize nor would I feel bad about it. All of it is necessary in keeping all of them safe.

"I'm coming to get you three, I refuse to let anything happen to my girls." A drunken giggle followed by a burp is my signal to hang up. Please let them be safe.