1:14

An ideal day for me does not include landing from my flight and immediately meeting with a traitor

An ideal day for me does not include landing from my flight and immediately meeting with a traitor. Unfortunately everyday does not get to be an ideal one for me. I understand the circumstances of my position but I still hated it.

"If you keep glaring out the window you may actually break it." Angelo speaks while flipping through some tech magazine. "How was your flight?"

"Dreadful knowing where I would be going after."

"You know she is starting to rub off on you. I always thought it would be the opposite but this is much more exciting." The little shit smirks loudly flipping his magazine.

"How is she?" I try to casually throw the question out. Any mention of her had me salivating like a dog over a steak.

"I'm sure you could text and ask her." Smartass. "I'm sure you have called her at least once during your trip."

I look away from him not wanting to give myself away. I hadn't texted or called her since I last saw her at her apartment. I had roses, pink ones, sent to her office the next day but no phone call. I wasn't sure what was appropriate in our predicament. What were the rules?

"Please tell me you are lying. Fabian you've been gone for almost two weeks, and you haven't spoken to your woman. Whew you're in the doghouse I'm sure of it."

"Shutup."

I make sure to nudge him out of the car for his little comments. He did have a point, as annoying as it may have been. I have to see her the minute I'm finished with this snake.

"I will see you after the meeting, keep your mic on so we can listen back." I nod, turning it on.

The hostess greets me and leads me to where Milo Pervetti sits. He stands to greet me, shaking my hand with enthusiasm.

"Mr.Bianchi, thank you for meeting me." I smile as best as I can sitting with my back to the wall. 

"No, thank you for meeting me. I know I seemed harsh the last time we spoke, but I'm sure you understand I have to vet anyone I do business with."

"I understand a man like you has to make difficult decisions. I'm just happy to be considered." The waitress comes taking our drink order. I have no desire to share a meal with this man.

"Now, I've gone through some intel on the Synds. You have a pretty impressive client list, what is it you would be looking for in this partnership?"

"Our client list has been slowly increasing. We're looking for someone who can supply a larger amount of product. You are the best of the best." I know. If I weren't he and half the city would not be trying to woo me so much.

"Hmm. This is what I will do for you, I'll put you on a probationary period." I pull out the contracts that list the terms. "The terms of the probation period would be that I would be your supplier for three months. You would have to order a shipment of at least twenty five percent of the product." Milo nods as he follows along on his own copy.