1:22

There are moments where the world stops

There are moments where the world stops. Moments where all the sounds in the world cease to exist. All movement becomes still. Bright lights don't exist simply because the brightest light in the entire universe is standing in front of you. That very moment is happening in the present time as I watch Lennox laugh unabashedly at something one of my brothers has said.

This is how it's supposed to be.

"His car was completely wrecked." Gian laughs at how much of a menace he was in high school. One of his crushes, Delaney, was upset that he had been dealing with someone else. One thing led to another and said crush was busting the windows out of his car. Only it was Geno's, she had mistaken the very similar vehicles for one another. The entire car had to be replaced.

"I will beat your ass all over again for that." Lennox tries to cover her giggle but fails miserably. Amara and Vivvy don't even bother to try to. Geno's threats were always to be taken seriously. Which is why Gian scoots his chair away from him. As if that would stop Geno if he truly wanted to get to him.

Sparkling eyes peek over at me. The look of pure contentment she shows me does absolutely nothing to wash off my cheshire grin. When she doesn't look away I tip my glass to her. Happily she picks up her champagne flute saluting me before sipping away. My tongue darts across my bottom lip watching her supple ones press against the glass. A shudder passes through me from her seductive wiles

"Maybe we should give those two the room." Gian snickers. Out loud I wouldn't admit how much I wanted everyone to clear out of the dining room. Desperately I want her all to myself. It's too late to run away from her. Already I have given myself to her. We both clearly feel the same even if neither of us could say the words outlook.

"Fuck off." The response comes immediately. Yet and still my eyes never turn from her. My mind and body are in tandem with one another. Conspiring with one another to just look at her. I don't dare to even consider touching her. Not even for a second it would only be torture for the both of us.

Dinner served as a good distraction from her. While my family continuously whisked Lennox into conversation all I could do was stare. Fascinated at how quickly they took to her just as quickly as I had. Her tenacity in regards to my brother's attack only elevated these feelings between us. These feelings of pride and adoration, I wanted to bask in them. Soak them up in a bottle to keep with me forever but the guilt of keeping sordid details of my life from her is getting harder to excuse. How could I keep my involvement in the underworld away from her if I am going to tie her to me? It just isn't logical anymore. Especially if we become a public couple.

"This was nice and all, but alas it is time for me to depart." Amara dramatizes the words without so much as a pout. I could guess where she is off to, the smile is enough indication. She only ever smiles like that when a certain Russian is involved.

Oh you look the same way when someone even mentions Lennox's name.

"Tell Niklaus we said hello." Teasing Amara out of all of my siblings is my most favorite. Her quips are deadly but the annoyance that fills her is too tempting to pass up.