1:29

Lennox's eyes roamed across the entry way as if it were her first time being here. The tanned wood floors and white awnings are all still the same. Everything is, except this time my men stood right outside the wide front door watching anyone who dared step near our property. It would be impossible for her not to notice. Those calculating eyes of hers observed everything. Today they held questions. Many of which she seemed to try to answer herself. Unfortunately for her I am the only one who could give her the answers. This is a good thing though. We both had something the other wanted. Information. I could bargain that with Lennox, without it I wouldn't get very far. Until she is cleaned and out of those bloody clothes I won't answer a damn thing. Neither would I bombard her with questions I wanted to know the answer to. Soon enough our time would come. Standing with her now I could feel the clock winding down how much time we had left of pretending.

"Why don't we get you cleaned up and comfortable." It's not a question but still she nods her head in indifferent agreement. She could've refused but she didn't so I will take it as a win for now.

Gently I grab her by the waist resting my arm around the curve of her hip. She doesn't say anything but the side eye she gives me is enough to know I'm still on her shit list aka big trouble. Between the light stalking, threats, and the men littering my property I can only imagine what punishment she's drumming up in her head for me. How was she resolving what she saw when we arrived today? When she started pounding the windows in my car I knew she was far gone from the sophisticated and composed governor's daughter that she operates as. Making her act out of character is just another thing added to my list of atrocities when it comes to her. My crimes against Lennox are a mile long.

In sync we walk through my bedroom to my connected bathroom. Like she's done all the other times she has been here she gets a towel to wash and dry herself. The sound of water running fills the space as we work around each other. Me with getting her all the necessities, her favorite soap, shower cap, and some bubble bath. My ears burned to hear her voice. Usually she would grumble about one thing or another but not today. Today we're two worlds apart. I hoped it would be easier to deal with her silence but being face to face with her and still a million miles apart cracked the resolve I had. It was easy to make the decision at the hospital and I don't regret it. I just wished it hurt less. Her voice had become a sweet medicine. Curing all my ailments with just a hum from her. It's honey on a warm summer day and I'm a bee after all of it.

"I'll finish running you a bath while you pick out something to wear." I couldn't deal with the silent treatment any longer. Any second I would cave in and apologize to her. I had to have some resolve. Being the bad guy isn't something new but having to do it to her unnerves me.

"I don't want to take a bath." Stubborn as always. Maybe she knew I was close to dropping to my knees to beg for her forgiveness. Maybe she was waiting me out. Or maybe she was staying to torture my poor soul even further.

"Lennox, you need to relax. A bath will help."

"What I need is for you to stop making demands and telling me what to do." She throws the pink towels on my marble counters before storming out of the bathroom.

Sometimes she can be so damn insufferable. Everyone says I'm the one with the attitude problem.

Taking the space she's so eagerly given me I continue filling the bathtub adding the bubble wash to it. It's lavender scented just like the candles I lit. Her usual blue velvet slippers are at the edge of the circular white tub. A matching robe hangs on the back of the door as it normally does. Everything was the same but yet completely different. I had both the robe and slippers custom made with her name sewed onto both the slippers and the robe. Amara and Vivvy both have a similar set in other colors. When I saw theirs I just had one made for Lennox. When she opened the gift the day I gave it to her she kissed me so deeply I thought my heart was going to jump out of my body. Right now that's all I crave. To kiss her until we're both dizzy.