1:24

Kill me. It's the one singular thought that has vibrated in my mind all damn day. From the moment my alarm tore me away from Lennox the only thought I have had is that. The alarm doused me like a bucket of cold water to the reality that I had to meet with Milo. Wrapped around her with my leg thrown across her thigh is now only a memory I wished that had lasted longer. Knowing what I had to do today you would think I would have savored the feeling more than what I had.

"Please fix that." Angelo let out an exasperated sigh. No doubt for me. His patience with me has slowly faded a little day by day. "What exactly am I fixing?"

"Your face." Zaviano interjects with his own huff of irritation. As if I give a fuck we can all be miserable together. "You're pouting. Which is somehow worse than your glaring." Instinctively my eyes narrow directly at his head. "Great, we're doing a little better now."

"We're here. Now remember, be pleasant. This was all your fucking idea anyways." Angelo mumbles his own agreement getting out of the car. Refusing to acknowledge Angelo I push the door open. Admittedly it was rougher than necessary if the door creaking a cry for help, and my two brothers' eye rolls are any indication.

My anger did nothing for the situation. This is my responsibility. I knew exactly what would be required when I took on this position in life. All of the weight and responsibility doesn't just suddenly change because I've had a taste at a fulfilled life. A life where I get to wake up next to the most thrilling, headache inducing, beautifully chaotic woman that has ever existed. Throwing caution to the wind isn't an option--even if it were I would never want to. It's more than just me that I have to think about all that I have is for my family and for our future. The reality is that marriage and children will come along eventually and I have to have everything prepared. It's just ten times more meaningful with Lennox around. At this point if she leaves I don't know how I would handle it, if I could handle it.

Our meeting location is less than glamorous. And by that I mean we're meeting in an abandoned trap house. One of the Synd's run down properties, I let him pick the place. My guys had already checked out the place. I doubt he would be dumb enough to pull anything during this meeting. Attacking me profits nothing for him. Especially if he's trying to establish himself more seriously in this world. Still I couldn't be sure. This entire setup between us two is confusing. I'm chasing after a little mouse who is more of an opponent than I thought he would be. His ability to sneak not only product but his people through the Golden Maison is a feat in itself.

At the door we're greeted by two of Milo's guys. They're both around the same height as Zaviano and block the door like they're security. As if someone would really waste their time trying to get in here. The Synds are still in the up and coming stages of their operations. To other organizations their nuisances.

The burlier one of the two reaches out to pat me down. Before his hand can come anywhere near me Zaviano is sliding in front of me blocking my view from the both of them. I can't see anything but I'm sure Zaviano's scowl is enough to deter them and cause arguments. "Leave them." I can hear Milo's voice urging his guys from wherever he is.

"Scusa, scusa." Zaviano moves back to his position on my back right. Milo's apology falls on deaf ears as I could care less. "Fabian."

"Milo." The inside of this place is just as raggedy as the outside. I follow Milo into an open area with a table and scattered chairs. He juts his head towards the burly man who looks defiantly at him. Reluctantly he walks over pulling out my chair for me with a tight grimace. His face resembles my insides. Tightly coiled wrapping around each other so tightly that I can't breathe.

"Thank you for meeting me here, Calo. Portalo." His beady eyes stare at me. A stiff smile on his face makes me want to slap it. My hands have been itching to punish him for quite some time now. I want to draw blood for the shit he's pulled.