03

Roman frowned at the feeling of small hands lightly hitting his face, and he internally chuckled once the owner of those hands blew raspberries on his cheek with her mouth

"Daddy are you awake yet because I have to ask you something?" Kaiya used her thumb and pointer finger to open one of his eyes, causing him to swat her hands away while she laughed.

"What, girl? You up thirty minutes too early." His voice rasped, trying not to wake all the way up because he didn't want to get out of the bed yet.

"Can me and Ray Ray stay home, please? Please daddy it's Friday and we went the wholeee week." She laid her face against his, sitting against her legs that were folded on top of Roman's chest.

"Nah yo, y'all n-,"

"Pleaseeeeeeee daddy I'll stay on green for the rest of my life I'm just sooo tired." She dramatically wiped fake sweat from her forehead with an exasperated voice.

"It's just one day, please?" She then put a pout on her face, looking just like her mother in the moment that she did it.

"Aight man. Get out my face." He flicked her bottom lip, and she screamed in excitement, then immediately shushed herself when she remembered her GG was asleep.

Roman watched her happily trot out of his bedroom, and a few seconds later she ran back inside to give him a big hug and a quick kiss to thank him for letting them stay home.

"Bye daddy, thank you. Love you." She ran out of his room again, and he chuckled, hearing his door shut.

He had told himself they wouldn't be staying home unnecessarily this year, but honestly, how could anyone say no to a puppy dog pout from a seven year old? He definitely didn't have it in him, and Kaiya already knew that.

It was just a day. One day wouldn't hurt.

Turning over against his mattress, he attempted to doze back off since it was only seven in the morning, but couldn't get comfortable again. He wasn't ready to get up and start the day either, but the taste of morning breath was aggravating him and he knew he would have to soon.

Flipping back over to lay on his back, Roman put his hand in his shorts at the same time that a small yawn left his lips. Just when he thought he wouldn't be able to fall asleep again, he did just that.

He didn't get up again until almost noon, being awoken to the sounds of commotion happening upstairs. He just knew Raelle and Kaiya were arguing about something that probably made no sense at all.

Before going up there, he brushed his teeth and washed his face-hoping that they'd be calmer by the time he went up there. Hopefully they hadn't gotten physical yet because it was bound to happen with them; he figured they hadn't though, since neither of them had came down to tell on the other.

"Yo, why can I hear y'all from all the way downstairs?" He made his presence known, standing in Kaiya's bedroom.

"Granny told us to clean up and Kaiya not helping. And she keep taking my shit out my r-,"