25

"Nana, that's enough now

"Nana, that's enough now." Angel chuckled, attempting to pull her own shirt down just to get her hands swatted away by her grandmother.

She'd just revealed the news of her pregnancy to her family; her sister, their grandmother and their mom, only for all of them to scream as a reaction. Luckily she'd worn her noise cancellation headphones because that was the exact reaction she was expecting from them. They would scream over anything.

Her grandmother was currently rubbing her belly down in homemade cocoa butter while talking to her unborn children, though her stomach only had a small, practically unnoticeable bump. Angel had been sitting here for half an hour now, and the scent of the cocoa butter was starting to make her head hurt.

"Aw, my baby. Estoy tan orgullosa de ti." Her grandma Grace told her that she was proud of her before finally removing her hands.

"Te quiero." Angel responded with an 'I love you' as a smile spread across her face.

"You know she 'bouta go call all her church friends to tell her about the babies, chile." Shayla shook her head as Grace rushed to her bedroom, making Angel laugh because she knew it was true.

"I still can't believe you got pregnant before I did. This crazy." She added.

"Technically, I didn't. You've been pregnant twice, you're just a murderer." Angel told her, laughing again once her head was pushed out of Shayla's lap.

"Aight now bitch you play too much." Shayla couldn't help but to laugh too, putting the rat tail comb that she was just using to scratch Angel's hair on the side of her.

"I was just stating facts, girl. No need to be upset." She snickered, laying across the other end of the couch.

"Ain't nobody mad. It's still fuck them kids, hell you mean?" Shayla unlocked her phone, listening to her little sister laugh yet again.

Just as her laughs died down, Roman walked into the living room with a plate of food in his hand, causing Angel to sit up against the armrest of the couch.

"It smells so good. Thank you baby." Angel took the glass plate that contained cheesy chicken enchiladas, dirty rice and red beans from him.

He'd spent the last two hours in the kitchen with Angel's mom, Serenity, learning how to cook one of Angel's favorite meals the way that she liked. That was another reason they'd came over today; Angel hadn't eaten a full meal in a few days because she hadn't felt like cooking, and again, she only ate food that she or her mother cooked.

Roman wanted to learn how to cook a few meals from Serenity so that he could feed Angel without having to bring her over to her mom's house every single time because he hated when she didn't eat-especially now that she was carrying two babies.

Angel loved the way he tended to her special needs, and her mom did too. She'd even printed him out a stack of papers that listed multiple meals and the recipes for them the way that Angel liked.