24

The sound of light knocks against their bedroom door caused both Angel and Roman to stir in their sleep, but neither made a move to get up and answer it because they were way too tired

The sound of light knocks against their bedroom door caused both Angel and Roman to stir in their sleep, but neither made a move to get up and answer it because they were way too tired. They'd just arrived home from work a little over an hour ago, and hadn't been asleep for longer than twenty minutes-if that.

"Mommy? Can I come in please?" Kaiya's small voice could be heard from the other side of the door, continuing with her knocks.

"Go get yo' daughter Angel." Roman's voice rasped as he pulled his face out of her neck, and she irritably groaned to herself, causing him to smile.

"Baby you don't have to knock. Just open the door." Angel called out to her without raising her head from her pillow, listening to the sound of the door creak open seconds later.

Kaiya's small feet pattered against the carpeted floor, and both of them felt the cover being tugged on as she used it to hoist herself up onto Angel's side of their tall bed.

This had unsurprisingly turned into an every-night type of thing. Kaiya obviously had the same obsession with Angel as her father, and both of them had to lay cuddled up to her in order to sleep well throughout the night.

The dependency they had on her presence constantly surprised her because she didn't know what she'd even done to have them attached to her the way that they were, but neither did she mind it. She loved being needed.

About eight hours later, only Roman and Angel remained in the bed after Kaiya had gotten tired of sleeping and went downstairs to go bother her great grandmother. She didn't understand how they could sleep for so long.

Another knock on the door caused Roman's internal clock to go off, realizing it was probably time for him to get up anyway. He called for whoever was in the hall to come inside, resulting in the door opening a few seconds later.

"Baba, we gon' be late to my appointment if y'all don't get up soon." Raelle peeked her head in the room, watching her brother turn his body over to rest on his side.

"Aight ma we 'bouta get up." He rubbed the corner of his eye, hearing her mutter a 'hurry up' before leaving.

He looked over at Angel's side of the bed after feeling movement, only to see her getting out of it to go to the bathroom, he assumed.

"Damn. No good mornin', no kiss or nothin'?"

"Sorry baby I had to pee!" She laughed from inside of the bathroom, and he chuckled, getting up to follow her.

Roman lifted his arms in the air to stretch out his upper body as he entered the bathroom, going towards the shower first to let the water start heating up. Then he leaned over to kiss Angel's cheek before walking to stand in front of their wall mounted floating double sink vanity.

A little over a month ago, Roman had asked Angel if there was anything different she wanted done to the house to make her feel more comfortable since she now lived with him and all. The only things she asked for was a double sink so that they wouldn't have to share the previous singular sink in the mornings, and for his walk-in closet to be enlarged.