29

Angel laid on the bed facing towards the balcony, and her eyes were on Roman as he paced near the opened double doors with both of their daughters on his bare chest; both awake and pulling on either his beard or his skin

It seemed like the twins were finally becoming aware that they existed, and now that they knew that they had hands, they reached and grabbed at everything. Two of their favorite things to do was to pull on Roman's thick and scruffy beard, and scratch at their own face.

Although the girls were currently wearing mittens over their tiny hands, that didn't stop them from trying to pull at stuff.

"You good mama?" Roman asked with a worried expression on his face, seeing the way Angel was staring at him after she'd zoned out.

"Mhm. Are you?" She returned the question, a small smile on her face. Her man looked so good while in daddy mode.

"Yeah. You sleepy, huh?" He locked his gaze on her low eyes, and she nodded her head in response. She hadn't quite got her babies on a set schedule yet, and last night they didn't go to sleep until almost seven in the morning. Angel couldn't even go to sleep then because she still needed to take a shower and clean up their messy room.

So, yeah, sleepy was an understatement. It was hard for her to go to sleep without them because she always wanted to be up when they were so that she could make sure they were okay. She was overly concerned about their safety even though she knew Roman would never let anything happen to them.

She figured it was just one of those new mom things.

"Mommy," Kaiya walked into the bedroom, holding her iPad in her hand as usual.

"Hi baby. How'd you sleep?" Angel picked her up, placing her down on the other side of her.

"My iPad died." She said with a frown, sleep still evident in her expression. Her hair was all over the place, too; that wasn't anything new.

"I keep telling you to stop falling asleep without putting it on the charger." Roman chuckled, sitting down on the side of Angel as well.

"I thought I d-ouu, are they awake? Hi my babies," Kaiya leaned over Roman's shoulder, looking down at both of her little sisters.

"Mommy when can babies start talking?" She turned her head to look at Angel, her eyebrows furrowed like her father's.

"I'm not sure. I think around one is when they say their first words."

"One o'clock? It's almost two though." Kaiya's small frown remained, and it deepened when her parents laughed at her.

"One years old. So, in twelve months." Angel chuckled, turning over to lay on her back.

"That's soooo long. I don't think I can wait that long." She laid her head on Roman's shoulder, still staring at her baby sisters.

She didn't appreciate how quiet they always were. The only time they cried was when they wanted to be with Angel, but other than that, they barely made any sounds. It was low key scary for Roman and it made him wake up constantly through the night to make sure they were still breathing properly.