07

Angel pushed the front door to her house open, sighing in relief once she walked inside and the air was warm instead of freezing cold like usually

Angel pushed the front door to her house open, sighing in relief once she walked inside and the air was warm instead of freezing cold like usually. It was already damn near iced air outside, so she was glad she'd turned her heater on before she left.

Locking the door behind her, she removed her shoes and carried them with her her bedroom so that she could put them away in her closet. She also tossed her purse on her bed while she was at it, and then found some clothes to go to sleep in.

It was currently seven in the morning and she'd just gotten home from a long night at work. The shift she normally worked was from twelve to six in the morning, but sometimes she would stay over and work during the day if she felt like it.

The reason she said such a crazy shift was because she did all of the stocking, pre-cooking, and preparing for the actual morning or day shift. Her Nana only trusted her to get everything right, and Angel didn't mind doing it because it literally took no time at all, really.

Her Nana had owned the HuggaMug cafe since before Angel was even born, and business had never stopped booming since opening day. Everyone loved the fresh hot coffee and recipes that were made from scratch originally from her own great-great-great grandmother's kitchen.

Angel had been working there since she was sixteen, and she was now 25 so it'd been almost ten years. It was the only job she had ever had because her attention-span was too short to deal with people she didn't know and she didn't do well in unfamiliar environments.

She got paid $25/hr plus kept all tips that were given during her shift. All of the money she made was basically extra money since she didn't have any bills besides her phone service, and her older sister paid that one-so technically none.

The house she lived in was a duplex that she shared with her Nana and mom-the two of them in one side of the duplex and the other side was Angel's alone. Her Nana had paid for the house in full back in 2010 and they remodeled it two years ago once Angel decided she wanted to live on her own, but not completely.

She was very dependent on her mom and Nana-not financially or anything, she just needed to be around them often. For a while they didn't trust her to be able to take care of herself on her own, which was why it took a while for her to get her own spot. They eventually came up with the idea of turning their large house into a duplex to give her a sense of independence.

When she was twelve years old, Angel had been diagnosed with a mild form of Autism that prohibited her from getting the experience she needed to keep up with the rest of the people in her age group. Even 'til this day it was things she couldn't do or understand well enough due to the way her brain functioned.

That wasn't something she told everyone, and only her family and coworkers knew. She hadn't even told Roman yet because she didn't want that to be something that was a deal breaker in their relationship. She enjoyed his company a lot and wasn't ready to lose it yet.