06

"Daddy!" Kaiya shrieked in excitement, running towards him as fast as she could with her backpack and lunch pail in tote

"Daddy!" Kaiya shrieked in excitement, running towards him as fast as she could with her backpack and lunch pail in tote. Her laughter was loud as he picked her up from the ground and spun her in a circle, and then he kissed all over face which made her giggle some more.

"Wassup baby? How was school?" He walked with her to his truck; he'd driven the Cadillac Escalade V today since he had planned to go pick up groceries once the girls were out of school.

"It was good and Ms.Walsh made birthday cake cookie cups 'cause it was Logan's birthday." She referred to one of the moms from the parent-teacher association group:

"Yeah? Ain't that the lil' boy you like?" He put her in her carseat in the back, shaking his head at the sight of her blushing. She pretended like she didn't know what he was talking about, waving him off.

Some people would probably call him dramatic for still putting his seven year old in a car seat when Kaiya should've been in a booster seat by now, but Roman didn't care. His daughter was always comfortable, had a cup holder and a tray to eat, and a connected USB port for her iPad. They wouldn't be getting rid of this carseat for another year or two.

Plus, a regular booster seat provided little to no safety if they were to get into a wreck, God forbid. The carseat that Kaiya had now was made out a material that was supposed to be uncrushable, and it was anti-escape as well in case something ever did happen.

Roman let the backseat window down so that Kaiya could continue telling him about her day at school, and he leaned against the side of his truck, waiting for Raelle to come to the car.

She was always late after school because for some reason she had to tell every single one of her friends goodbye before she left. She had a bunch of them, too. Roman didn't mind waiting for her though. It wasn't like he had anything better to do.

"Bye y'all!" Her voice made Roman pick his head up, and he smiled, seeing her running to the car the same way that Kaiya did. Some things never changed, and he loved that.

"Roman!" She laughed as she was picked up off of her feet too, being held effortlessly in the air by her big brother.

"You getting big girl. I won't be able to pick yo' fat ass up soon." He chuckled, placing her in the passenger seat of the truck after opening up the door.

"Heyyyy Ray Ray fine ass brother!" Roman heard a few different girl voices from across the parking lot where his sister had just left from, causing Raelle to bust out laughing.

Her friends were something else.

"Lord hammercy'." He shook his head, and both Raelle and Kaiya laughed as he walked around the truck to get in on his side.

"Those lil' girls need they ass whooped. Matter fact, all of 'em do 'cause why one of Ky friends gon' tell me I'm so handsome like she ain't really just eight years old?!" He was truly concerned about what had happened when he first pulled up to get Kaiya, and it only made Raelle laugh harder.