27

The mug on Roman's face deepened at the sight of Raelle's boyfriend and baby-daddy, Josiah, walking to sit down on the couch across from him with his son in his hands

The mug on Roman's face deepened at the sight of Raelle's boyfriend and baby-daddy, Josiah, walking to sit down on the couch across from him with his son in his hands. It seemed like this boy was always at their house now, and Roman hated that.

He didn't even have a real reason not to like Josiah anymore because he was actually a pretty good kid and had been at Raelle's side almost every other day since the birth of their baby boy, but Roman didn't care. Once someone got on his bad side, it was hard to get off of it.

The only reason he tolerated Josiah was because Angel practically forced him to. A few weeks ago she even made him take Josiah to a basketball game with the company of Isaiah too. They had fun, but Roman would never admit that out loud.

"Stop looking like that, ugly." Raelle mushed his head while walking past him, going to sit next to her boyfriend.

"You damn near got my whole face. Shut yo' ass up." He rolled his eyes at her, and she waved him off with a smile.

"Barely." Kaiya said from the side of him, making him roll his eyes at her too.

"Go tell yo' mama I said come here." He lightly tapped her shoulder, and she climbed out of his lap with her iPad in her hands, going to do as told.

Kaiya held on to the railing of the stairs as she walked up to the second floor, trying not to drop her iPad while doing so. Her dad had just replaced the screen on it for the third time last week because she dropped it so much, but she didn't understand how it cracked so easily anyway.

Switching her attention back to the original task she was supposed to be doing, her eyes found Angel's frame, seeing that she was sitting on the bed with a plate of food in her lap.

"Hey mommy. What you doing?" Kaiya sat on the side of her, mostly focused on the food that she was eating.

Chuckling, Angel tore a piece of meat off of the oxtail she was eating, raising her hand to put it in Kaiya's mouth. She then fed her a spoonful of her dirty rice, knowing she'd probably ask for some of that too.

"Why you ain't make me none?" Kaiya's face formed a frown after she'd chewed her food, now wanting her own plate.

"When I asked if you wanted some, you told me no. Go tell your daddy to make you a plate. It's in the oven."

"Oh yeah, daddy said c'mere. And can I have one please?" She grabbed one of Angel's oxtails from the plate without waiting for an answer, catching the dripping juice in her other hand.

"What did I tell you about that Kaiya?" Now it was Angel's turn to frown.

"But I said please."

"And I didn't answer. That's not a yes-no, I don't want it now 'cause you already grabbed it." Angel told her, momentarily being interrupted after Kaiya tried passing it back to her.