21

"Angel!" Kaiya dropped her backpack off at the door, running into the house to find her newest favorite person ever

"Angel!" Kaiya dropped her backpack off at the door, running into the house to find her newest favorite person ever. She saw her silhouette in the kitchen, and attacked her legs with a hug as soon as she was in reach.

"Hi my baby! I missed you!" She returned the same energy, leaning over to pick her up from the ground.

"I missed you too, so much! I love you so much and me and daddy bought you flowers." She held out the squished roses to her after kissing her cheek, causing Angel to smile.

"Thank you pretty. I love them. How was the resort?" She sat her on the counter, away from the stuff she was using to cook lunch.

"Oh, it was so much fun. Me and Bre raced on the slides and we slept in a cabin that was in the room. And the food wasn't all that good so Nana brought us some. I didn't bring my iPad though so I had forgot to call you. I'm sorry." She apologized at the end, sitting the roses on the same counter that she sat on.

"That's okay baby. You don't have to apologize," Angel paused, running her fingers through her curly hair that seemed to be matted from the pool water.

"I started you a bath a few minutes ago, it's probably done by now. I'll come up to wash your hair in a minute, and then you can eat lunch and we can talk more about what you did this weekend. Sound good?"

"Ok, but don't take long 'cause I'ma get bored, ok?" She hopped off of the counter by herself, landing on all fours but shook off like it didn't phase her, and Angel amusingly shook her head at how she ran off without waiting for a response.

Turning back around to face the stove, Angel leaned over to open the over and looked at the sub sandwiches she had warming up, realizing that they were about done. She put on an oven mitt, then pulled the tray out.

She knew Raelle would be hungry after waking up from her nap, and knowing that Kaiya was on her way home as well, Angel decided to make lunch since Faye was also currently napping. She went with something simple; just homemade subs and french fries because she didn't feel like cooking for long.

"Aw, I would hug you but you stink and I just got out of the shower." Her heart warmed at the sight of an obviously tired Roman walking in the kitchen, heading straight for her.

"I'll settle for a kiss." His voice rasped, and she grabbed his face once he leaned down, pressing her lips up against his.

For most of the day he'd been making trips between her house and his to move all of her clothes to his house, as well as many of her favorite household items that she didn't want to part so long with since she was now moving in with him.

Her mother had told her that they'd keep the house empty for her because they didn't want to rent it out and had no one else to give it to, so it would still be available for her just in case she ever needed it again-but both she and Angel's Nana had faith that Angel would never move back home again. Roman was obviously keeping their baby very happy.