22

Roman smiled as he took another toy out of Kaiya's hand, putting in in the red shopping cart that he'd gotten from the front of Target

Roman smiled as he took another toy out of Kaiya's hand, putting in in the red shopping cart that he'd gotten from the front of Target. This toy joined the rest of the toys that basically overflowed in the cart, and Roman knew his daughter wasn't even close to being done running his pockets.

He'd originally came up here to take Faye shopping for whatever she wanted to get, but of course Target was every kid's dream and he could never say no to the puppy dog pout his daughter wore because she knew him and his wallet got soft behind her.

To tell the truth, this was more of a sympathy shopping spree kind of thing. He still felt bad about the heart attack his grandmother suffered from two days ago, and he knew going to her favorite store would help brighten up her mood as she'd been pretty sad ever since she left the hospital.

His heart also wrenched for Kaiya-and for himself too-because they hadn't seen Angel since yesterday morning and they were both obviously going through withdrawals without her; though Roman was really trying not to show it.

Literally a day after completely moving into his house, Angel had went to stay with her sister the day after Faye was released from the hospital. She and Roman didn't really talk much about their previous disagreement-they really didn't speak much at all after leaving the hospital.

Even Kaiya had become a little distant following the hours of that talk she had with her dad in her bedroom before the hospital visit. That made Angel really sad, so she left after making sure that Faye was alright.

Her feelings were more than hurt and she typically dealt with her emotions better when she was alone.

Being away from her was driving Roman crazy, and everyone could tell. He wanted her to come back home with him so badly, but knew he would have to talk about the mom thing with her before she could since it obviously bothered her-and him, too. He really did hate this constant conversation.

"Mhmmmm, caught ya'." Faye looked over at him after putting a set of dining plates in the basket of the motorized electric cart she was riding on.

"You ain't caught nothin', woman. Get you some business." He playfully rolled his eyes at her, knowing she was referring to catching him thinking about Angel. It was all he did, for real.

"Oh, please. My baby Angel is my business. I would kick your ass for making her leave if I could."

"I ain't make her leave ma. I already told you that."

"Who else did? Casper?" One of her eyebrows perked in curiosity, causing him to roll his eyes again.

"You not talking to her about tension that you caused would've made me leave too, hell. All that baby try to do is be there for you-for all of us. And you too damn old to be playing this back and forth game with her about a conversation y'all already had." She fussed at him, talking to where Kaiya couldn't hear; though she was too busy scanning the aisle for more toys anyway.